Mark III Headshell dimensions, can someone measure for me

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy14

Reaction score
OK I am going to build myself a head shell, can someone measure theirs for me, can you please measure the inside and outside dimensions for me.

siggy14 said:
OK I am going to build myself a head shell, can someone measure theirs for me, can you please measure the inside and outside dimensions for me.

Siggy the dimensions for width will be the same as on a combo shell.

The sides will be straight (where on a combo shell the front edge tapers form top to bottom - bottom being deeper than the top.

That said the dimensions for the depth (front to rear) should be determined by the distance at the top of the combo,
as well as the distance from the bottom of the front slanted portion to the rear (front to rear).

Measure these up and let me know what you find.
I'll get a height for you.

Draw up the plans before you attempt to build one. I'd be happy to critique your drawings.

gts said:
siggy14 said:

Siggy the dimensions for width will be the same as on a combo shell.

The sides will be straight (where on a combo shell the front edge tapers form top to bottom - bottom being deeper than the top.

That said the dimensions for the depth (front to rear) should be determined by the distance at the top of the combo,
as well as the distance from the bottom of the front slanted portion to the rear (front to rear).

Measure these up and let me know what you find.
I'll get a height for you.

Draw up the plans before you attempt to build one. I'd be happy to critique your drawings.

Thanks, I had planned to measure the combo, lucky I have one laying around but my current Mark is rack mounted. I will draw something up when I have time to do the measurements and let you know, the depth (front to back) and height (bottom to top) is the only two I am not sure about.

Back