Cap Job Mark ll B

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarges

Reaction score
I need to have my amp recapped and was wondering where I can buy the Capacitors. It has Sprague caps. Does Boogie sell these.
Just found this form. Hope someone can help. Bought my amp directly from Boogie in 1983. Don't really have access to a service tech in my location but I have found a retired Electronics teacher who works on amps etc.. He was very impressed by the workmanship of the amp. Any how the amp has served me well through countless gigs but I find it has lost its power and doesn't have the same clarity of tone that it once had, even after totally re tubing. He says that the amp looks to be in great shape but should have a cap job given its age . It has been running a little hot as well and that last time I gigged with it the tubes overheated and blew a fuse.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mesa capacitors "bmi" made in the US are by far tonaly the best one, it doesn't change the Mesa tone, as could F&t, atom or others general purpose cheap ones!

contact them

BMI caps and Atoms are made in the same factory on the same machines by the same manufacturer,they are the same,there is no difference between Atoms and BMI.You can order the BMI from Mesa.

Back