What would you pair with a C90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royslead

Reaction score
I have a Mark IV combo and I'm going to pair it with another 1x12, closed cab (dimensionally close to widebody single 12). What have you guys paired with the C90, that seems to blend well, maybe adds something the C90 lacks, but isn't too harsh or ice picky? I play rock, mostly 80's hair, and s70's classic.

Get a EVM-12L if you can find one. I used to run two 1x12 Mesa Thiele cabs one loaded with a C90 and the other with the EV and it sounded great with my mark iv head.

I currently have a 2x12 Recto cab with V30's and a 4x12 Mesa loaded with C90's and sounds huge! But I don't know if I would run a v30 by itself because it's 70w

Hard to believe a topic like this gets over 80 views and only two people can actually make recommendations. Anyways, thanks to you two above, for the replies. I will look into those. I had just sold my 2x12 Rectifier cab with the Vintage 30's. Since I'm moving to a 112 extension, I'm not sure if a single Vintage 30 can handle the load. EVMs are not easy to come by near me, but I have been watching. Eminence makes some good choices - I will look into the Wizard.

royslead said:
Hard to believe a topic like this gets over 80 views and only two people can actually make recommendations. Anyways, thanks to you two above, for the replies. I will look into those. I had just sold my 2x12 Rectifier cab with the Vintage 30's. Since I'm moving to a 112 extension, I'm not sure if a single Vintage 30 can handle the load. EVMs are not easy to come by near me, but I have been watching. Eminence makes some good choices - I will look into the Wizard.

You`re welcome.
But this topic has been dicussed here several times in different variations: Combo/C90 + Thiele EVM, Combo EVM + Thiele/EVM, Combo/C90 + Thiele/C90, Head + double Thiele/C90, etc.

New people here who want to know about s.th. new they`re either don`t know or are too lazy to look back into the old posts.
But there`re also people who are too lazy to give an answer, or are uninterrested, or`ve got bored,
or expect from the new people to dig into the subject and look back into the archieves and get busy by their own.........
So don`t be disappointed, I also get sometimes little answers about completely new subjects when I`m asking about.........;)

This question is similar to what type of tube should I use, you got to try them. I never liked the C90 but I love it in a thiele in conjunction with an EV open back cabinet.

Back