Mark V five 35 foot switch schematic for relay switch cable

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masa123

Reaction score
Hi, I wanna make the cable 5pin din to two 1/4" TRS jacks for Mark five 35 amp head.

Would someone can tell me which pin goes which jack's TRS?
I believe I need two 1/4" TRS jacks to control every thing.

Mesa Boogie sent me the message, but I can't make the cable with only this information...

1) +12V
2) Channel
3) Solo
4) EQ
5) EQ Led
SH) 0V (ground)

Please let me know....

Here is my understanding of the answer you received from Mesa: First, #1 12v is only to provide power to turn on led's on the footswitch. For the switching functions, if you connect #2 Channel with SH 0v, you will turn on the lead channel, and so on if you connect #3, #4 and #5 with SH 0v.

I own a mesa mark V 35 combo, and there is only one switch for the EQ, and 2 switchs for the solos's. So, I think the pin's description you received from mesa is wrong for #3, #4 and #5. But good news is this will be easy for you to understand pin's by manually connecting the different pins with the ground and check how the amp reacts! Just don't forget, #1 is to provide power, so it's probably not a good thing to connect it straight to SH 0v, in that case you will have a shock, and it's not a a good thing for the amp...

Good luck

Bit of a necro bump but this is what I have working, pin 1 is supply 12v, pin 2 channel switch, pin 3 eq, pin 4 not used, pin 5 12v shield is ov
I have 2 and 3 and shield connected to a trs plug and use a gizmo for channel switching, there is a cable available for amp gizmo but not in the UK

Thanks for all the helpful discussion in this thread. There's one thing I cannot understand: I use another 5-pin DIN cable instead of the original cable and it does not work. To me it's just a 5 one-to-one connections, and it does not work. Do you think they use some kind of transistor or switching in the middle of the original cable that we don't know? Many thanks!

thangbv said:
Thanks for all the helpful discussion in this thread. There's one thing I cannot understand: I use another 5-pin DIN cable instead of the original cable and it does not work. To me it's just a 5 one-to-one connections, and it does not work. Do you think they use some kind of transistor or switching in the middle of the original cable that we don't know? Many thanks!

Is the cable midi or DIN cable?

Hi.
If the numbers of pins are in the line I think i have another combination of pins.
Have someone else the same?
I think i have channel switch in the middle of connector so it would be no 3.
?

Just as a note, be aware gents, sometimes the aftermarket DIN cables do not have the shield connected to anything, they're merely structual. Meter out from shield to shield and see if you have continuity...

Back