Mark IIA Footswitch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimSnapFail

Reaction score
Good morning! Does anyone know if the Mark IIA footswitch would be different than, lets say, a Recto 1 button footswitch? I tried changing channels with it and the light on the footswitch activated, but I got a weird feedback from the amp. I opened it up and everything seems to be in order, which is why I think the FS wiring may need to be different? The same footswitch worked fine with my IIB.

I'm guessing when you open up the footswitch, the resistor that goes to the LED maybe a different value.

I have a Mark IIB and the footswitch was not toggling between the two channels. I phone Boogie Tech support, when the company was small and the amp tech answered the phone, and he said if I knew how to solder. Then he told me to go to Radio Shack and get "so-so" value resistor and try that. I did and it worked.

So you may have to asked which resistor to use for a Mark IIA. By the way, do you did you try your Mark IIB footswitch on the Mark IIA?

Kind of peculiar -- by no means I'm an electronic tech -- early Mark II uses a relay to switch between channels while the later ones you digital relay[?]

RR said:
I'm guessing when you open up the footswitch, the resistor that goes to the LED maybe a different value.

I have a Mark IIB and the footswitch was not toggling between the two channels. I phone Boogie Tech support, when the company was small and the amp tech answered the phone, and he said if I knew how to solder. Then he told me to go to Radio Shack and get "so-so" value resistor and try that. I did and it worked.

So you may have to asked which resistor to use for a Mark IIA. By the way, do you did you try your Mark IIB footswitch on the Mark IIA?

Kind of peculiar -- by no means I'm an electronic tech -- early Mark II uses a relay to switch between channels while the later ones you digital relay[?]

It was the LED, thanks! I had a single ch Fender footswitch and that did the trick.

Latest posts

Back