Mark II C Help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberman

Reaction score
I just Bought a Mark II C Combo Hardwood, Simul class, reverb, Graphic, all original with Road case all paper work and 1 owner receipt cords and switches Find of a life time. Now couple questions what is it worth the way it is and should I send it to MB for the plus upgrade and what would it be worth then. I am torn playing boogie since 79 I'm stumped really need your help guys. THANKS !!

Fixed up with + it's worth $4000.00 or more. At least that is what I'd expect to get for it on eBay, a collector might pay more. You have to get the + work done to have the amp sound great. It will sound crappy without the mod, or as Mike would say, "it sounds like a C-."

Not sure if it will fetch $4000, but it will definitely be worth more, and it will sound fantastic. You'll probably never sell the amp.

Thanks Guys..........beside the money and value and all the hoopla we all seem to get carried away with. I don't play Metal...Im a Retired pro who still fills in some major venues when the phone rings. Rock Blues Country funk will I see any advantage upgrading to a C + I hate modify my virgin if it really wont make a difference to my needs. ANY THOUGHTS ???? Really confused (maybe my age ) LOL

The + mod will make the lead channel completely different. Lovely liquid high gain and tight rhythm with a lot of gain available. If you don't use that type of sound it might not be worth it to you. But you can always dial out the high gain for some moderate gain settings.
The mod also changes the FX loop to come after the preamp in the signal chain, so it is useful.

Back