Adding a Courtesy Outlet to my Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agustín Collia

Reaction score
Hi guys! A couple of months ago I pulled my Mark III's chassis out to clean it a bit and I'd been toying with the idea of adding a courtesy outlet in the back (mine came with no such outlet and a blank plate bolted in its place), so I did it. The thing is, I wanted the current of the outlet to be switched off whenever I switched off the amp, so instead of taking the current from the mains cable (which is the way all the outlets are wired), I took it directly from the outlet that powers the fan (the one located beside the transformer). This means that the power switch turns both the amp and the current of the outlet on and off. I've been powering my Nova System (which has a power consumption of 15 watts give or take) successfully since I added the outlet, but I've always had a few questions bugging me and I thought it was time to ask:
Is it safe to power my Nova System/G System (power consumption of 15 to 25 watts) from this outlet?
Am I putting any extra strain on any of the amp's components (the power switch or any other parts)?
Do I risk breaking any components prematurely (either short or long term)?
Just to clarify, I'll only be powering my Nova/G System and a MIDI controller from that outlet, so it'll never exceed a power consumption of 30 watts.
Thanks a lot!

you shouldn't have any problems...30 watts isn't much power consumption at all. 1/2 of a 60 watt light bulb...

Thanks! I was mainly worried about it putting some extra strain on the power switch (or any other component) by draining more current.
Thanks a lot!

Latest posts

Back