Mark 1 #214

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burt

Reaction score
I have an original Mark 1 Boogie serial #214 from the 1970s - road worn but it's all there - 60 / 100 watt switchable, etc. I am the original owner. How much of a collector's item is this relic? Burt

Where does one post photos here?
But it is a good idea to have some photos ready.
It's a road-worn blond Mark 1, 60-100 watt combo amp, 3 volume knobs, 1st volume knob is a push-pull high end boost.
All original except tubes: #214 serial number, made in their first workshop. Has Fender parts in it. A prototype.
Do you have an idea what the ballpark figure might be for this amp?
Thanks,
dcb

No-one wants that kind of old junk. I'll give you 350$ to take it off your hands.

Seriously, prices for these kinds of things are all over the place. Unless you're in a hurry to sell, I'd watch ebay sales for a month or several, see what things sell for there, and scour the internet for other mark 1's that are selling, see what they're going for. Sorry I don't know any specific numbers, not something I'm in the market for.

Yes. At one time this used to be a hot commodity ... Like a vintage Harley Davidson.
Nice talking with you. Where are you located? dcb

The last one I heard about sold for around $1200 at 12th Fret Music.

Burt said:
I have an original Mark 1 Boogie serial #214 from the 1970s - road worn but it's all there - 60 / 100 watt switchable, etc. I am the original owner. How much of a collector's item is this relic? Burt
It's probably a 1975 amp, right?

I believe so. I bought it early in 1976, if I recall correctly.
It's been across Canada several times on major venue tours, mostly with a band called CANO Musique.
I swapped in an EV speaker (installed by the noted Bruce Cockburn at the studio) but I will be putting the original JBL back into it.
Because of the cascading volume controls, a warm overdrive can be had at any volume level.
dcb

Back