C+ HX preamp tubes different from reverb model. Info please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buster Leggs

Reaction score
I have a 100 watt plus with the x101 PT. It doesn't have reverb so it only has 3 preamp tubes not counting the P.I. In the Mark ll C manual it shows what each half of each preamp tubes dose and it show 4 tubes and the P.I. or V5 , the layout is for an amp that has reverb. Can anyone tell me what each of the three preamp tubes dose on a non reverb model. (V1A,B - V2A,B - V3A,B) They are assigned differently than a reverb equipped model and I've not come across any info explaining what each half of those three tubes do. Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed light on this.

My guess is that V1 and V2 are the same as a reverb equipped model and V3A and V3B are both lead drive. Please correct me if thats not the case or verify this as being accurate if it is correct. Thanks

I think that you are correct on that logic. It would make the most sense. I have only messed with one non reverb C+, and it was a DGX. I want to say that it was wired that way.

Thanks Joey, it seems with the reverb equipped models sharing reverb and lead drive on V3 and V4 they would just combine the lead drive from half of V3 / V4 to one tube (V3). But with boogie you never know. If anyone has a different take on this please chime in. Thanks.

Back