Trusted Tech, West Midlands

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiffa

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a red stripe Mark III last year. Really happy with it, though a bedroom queen, it still sounds great.

I do think however it could do with a service. The first volume pot has a distinct fade above 3-4 and crackles like anything. Ditto for a few of the other pots. Also makes a noise on the lead channel when idle but powered on fully, as if the pots were being moved (I'm not touching the amp at all).

I'm not 10)% confident in opening the amp up. I'm OK with a soldering iron and could probably replace a pot or two but the caps in these things scare me witless.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a tech that would be able to look over these problems and effect a full service & maybe tube replacement? I'd prefer the West Midlands, ideally west side of Birmingham. There's a few I can find in directories and searches, but I'd rather a personal recommendation from here - for someone that understands Boogies.

Many thanks,
Smiffa

Back