Fan replacement Mark II. Ampere? wattage?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holygrailtube

Reaction score
Hi everybody, i have just bought an old mesa mark iib (eq+simul class version) but the original seller removed the cooling fan before shipping it to me.
I noticed there were different version of the original Howard Cyclohm Fan in that period in terms of Amperes and wattage (e.g. 115VAC, 50/60 HZ., .21/.19 Amps...19/21w ). I wonder what is the right amperage and wattage for the fan?
please help!

Thank you MrMarkIII, please can you tell me if the picture is taken out from? a MKIIc, MKIII or MKIIB?. Anyway, your Picture has is the same wattage and ampere i have on my 1984 mkIIc+'s cooling fan, while on ebay i noticed cooling fan of 0,26-0,23Amp and 21-18W mounted on IIB. I have just written to mesa to get more info! thank you

I'm not sure exactly which amp the fan in my photo is from originally, as I purchased it separately as a spare. My Mark III fans have the same specs.

Be aware that any parts than can be unscrewed, unattached, modified, changed, etc., probably have been, especially on older amps. Don't assume any part is completely original. Boys seem to have a primordial need to take things apart.

It's perfectly possible the fan you saw on eBay was factory installed. Its specs are close enough for rock 'n' roll.

Frequently, folks put in 230 volt fans in an attempt to get less noise, as they run slower at the standard 117 volts. You also get a slower fan speed and therefore less cooling.

Each fan is different as far as noise goes, in my experience. It's the voltage that will determine the fan speed, as far as I know, not wattage or amperage.

Your best bet is to get a brand new fan, as they are more likely to be on the quiet side.

Good luck!

Back