Mk III + Tilt back legs.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veldt666

Reaction score
Has anyone on here Installed, Fender Tilt back legs on a Boogie Mk series?
I'd like to, but I think the space between the transformers & the Inside cab is too small for the bolt / Nut assembly.
Any Info, appreciated.

I think you would be better off (and more stable) with an amp stand that has some angle to it. One more thing to carry but no worse than a guitar stand.

I'm with the Rev on this one.

This is what I use with a Mark series combo.
It's an "On Stage" RS4000 Folding Stand
They are sturdy, fold up flat, and only run about $22
Fwiw when folded up they are only 12"x18"

858960.jpg

To answer your question more directly.

The spacing between the inside of the case and the Tranny is plenty wide for the the bolt / Nut assembly.
You'd probably be best off taking the chassis out when installing the tilt back legs in order to make it easier to put the nut on the screw.
But that all depends on where you place the legs as well as the length of the legs you buy.

Fwiw I have seen the fender tilt back legs on a Mark series combo before. Not seen it often, but have seen it a few times.

Thanks for the help, Chaps.
I'm not a fan of amp stands, which lift the amp up, but those look good.

I`m using this one now for years, Combo and Thiele each, and I`m the luckiest man on this planet since I do:

http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Music-Store-Combo-St-nder-/art-GIT0011057-000

It`s extremely comfortable as you need not to bend down for managing and you`ve got a splendit overview at every time.

Keeping the amp on the floor will give you probably more bottom and more bass but this can be EQed easily.

I'm with Megavoice, I have similar stands (2) for my MK II... I like the fact that you can adjust the height on this type of stand. It makes life a lot easier having the controls a little closer to waist level, as well as easier to hear.

I recently picked up one of these and it seems to work well. But haven't used it on a live gig yet:

http://www.amazon.com/Standback-Amp-Stand/dp/B000HHUHBI

Back