Any Mark IIC+ Wired for 220v?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agustín Collia

Reaction score
Hi guys! While looking at the back of my Mark III the other day, a question started to bug me. I searched this forum and the internet looking for an answer, but I haven't found a definitive one. My Mark III has a sticker on the back, between the power cord and the fuse, that reads "Wired for 220 volts". I've seen other Mark IIIs with this sticker on the back, and I've also seen Mark IIIs with the export transformer (the ones that allow you to change the voltage with a rotating switch on the back). However, I've only seen Mark IIC+s either wired for 110 volts or with the export transformer, but none that was factory wired for 220 volts. Has anyone seen any Mark IIC+ with the "Wired for 220 volts" sticker? Were they even produced? Or were Mark IIC+s only produced either wired for 110 volts or with the switchable export transformer?
Thanks a lot!!

Nope, only the Coliseums were hard wired like that. I think (note: think) the reason is a change in electrical regulations in Europe that you could not have a voltage selector like that. Since it's easy to blow something up when you choose the wrong Voltage. Ealry MKIII exports have the selector, and later is hard wired.

Thanks Tony for taking the time to answer! While reading another thread I remembered I had opened this one but I forgot to check to see if someone had answered me! Just to add something to your post above, I sent a PM to Authorized Boogie asking the same thing. Unfortunately, I no longer have his reply as it got erased along with many other posts from other threads when the servers were updated. Fortunately however, I got to read it the day before it was erased, and he said this: "We started hardwiring amplifiers with export transformers midway-through the Mark III production, so all amps prior to the Mark III left the factory either wired for 110 or with the switchable export transformer, and (roughly) half of the export Mark IIIs have the voltage selector while the other half are hardwired".
Thanks again Tony!

Back