Using an Intersound IVP with Mark IV effects loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve V.

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a quick question regarding using a preamp with the Mark IV effects loop.

First note: I saw the Mark Series amps listed under the vintage amps portion of this forum, though my Mark IV was made much after 1991. I believe it was 2003 or 2004 when I purchased it.

I have an Intersound IVP I use for blasts of brittle distortion on occasion, and I wanted to use it with the Mark IV's power amp, without doing damage to either.

If I run my guitar signal through the Mark IV, and the Mark's effects out into the Intersound's effects Receive, then the Intersound's effects Send back into the Mark IV's effects in, this would not somehow overload the Mark's preamp section, would it? Also, not having a signal going into the input of the Intersound wouldn't affect it either, right?

PDF of the Intersound IVP manual explaining its odd post and pre voice loops.

If I am totally wrong or there is a better option, can someone please clue me in as if I was five years-old with a propeller on my cap and a dollar pinned to my shirt?

I am electronically/technically challenged when it comes to matters such as these, so I figured my best bet would be consult with the experts here.

I searched for this topic but couldn't find anything specific enough to bump. Truly sorry if this has been answered before and I wasted your time.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back