NAD: MKIIC DRGX

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony777

Reaction score
Not often they pop ut so I just had to go for this one.
Aug 83 IIC DRGX. Hardwood, EV loaded.

Combofrontview_zpsd2adfe72.jpg

Comborearview_zps78e53062.jpg

Gutshot_zpsaeca2c6c.jpg

Sideview_zpsc5bd1629.jpg

RP10_zps906bbab4.jpg

Powerboard_zps28f7bf0e.jpg

Filtercaps_zpse3bec570.jpg

EQboard_zps3747ec80.jpg

X101_zpsfde0fecd.jpg

SC152019B_zps78677d7c.jpg

Tony,

That is actually not a bad sounding amp. You can push it with a clean boost and it will rip.

If you don't like it, I will give you $ 15,000 Euros for the spare parts.

On its way to Petaluma......

The clean channel is very nice though. But the lead is no good compared to a "+"
and the FX loop is useless when you play in lead channel. Distorted FX, nice for some weird rarely played stuff, but not always.
So I decided very quickly to get it upgraded otherwise I would never be at peace. :lol:

tony777 said:
On its way to Petaluma......

The clean channel is very nice though. But the lead is no good compared to a "+"
and the FX loop is useless when you play in lead channel. Distorted FX, nice for some weird rarely played stuff, but not always.
So I decided very quickly to get it upgraded otherwise I would never be at peace. :lol:

I totally understand. I just realized after chasing down a IIC SRG it did not sound as horrible as most people made it out to be ( Including me). It has/had it's own mojo.

Just think that it may be the last surviving IIC on the planet.......

Congrats !!!!

Family picture.
My amp switcher and recto preamp wasn't available in the picture :D

From Left: Mark III simul black dot, Thiele cab (EV)
From top middle; Mark IIC+ 60W, Mark IIC+ Simul, Mark IIC+ simul imbuya.
Right, Mark IV (a) Recto standard 4x12.
All my amps are exports, even the MKIII has the IIC+ left over transformers.
Boogiefamily_zps00c20c69.jpg

The C+'s, All of them have different faceplates. Top one has EQ Auto, EQ in. Middle has EQ out, The combo has the IIC gain boost faceplate and is upgraded. Also has the bright reduction mod, while my other simul doesn't
IICfamily_zps18780c1a.jpg

Ok, so that's why export IIc+'s are so hard to come by...one of our board members is hoarding them up. :lol:

Well, I've bought all of them in Norway so I guess you wouldn't have found them anyway.
But **** the hardwood combo is heavy......

Man, if I'd only had the insigt to order a IIc+ when I ordered my III, my amp wall might look similar to yours. :D Great family portrait and great find.

Nice catch Tony! I was about to pull the trigger on that amp :) I have already sent 2 amplifiers to Mike, so I have to draw the line somewhere, ha!
I'm really looking for a 60/100w iic+... some day :)

snorkel54 said:
Nice catch Tony! I was about to pull the trigger on that amp :) I have already sent 2 amplifiers to Mike, so I have to draw the line somewhere, ha!
What amps do you have then?

tony777 said:
snorkel54 said:
What amps do you have then?

The first amp is a US Mark III blue stripe that I sent to Mike for a fixup. The second is a US Mark IV (killer amp). Third a export IIC->IIC+ by Mike and last a export dual rectifier rev D. I'm very lucky IMHO.

tony777 said:
snorkel54 said:
Third a export IIC->IIC+ by Mike
What version is the C+ ?

You know we like the details on this board :lol:

Yeah, sure :) That IS important information
The C+ is a DRGX with a seperate volume for the lead channel, making it a true 2 channel. Great clean and lead/rhythm!
Mark III DRG

DSC_0281_zps7af6b423.jpg

Back