new KING SNAKE Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lesterpaul said:
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Mark_Series/king-snake/king-snake.html#gpm1_1
-didn't know if anyone has seen this yet...
If I am late to the party,my apologies...did a search and didn't see anything yet

We just released it this morning at 7am PST. Please let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!

Authorized Boogie said:
lesterpaul said:
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Mark_Series/king-snake/king-snake.html#gpm1_1
-didn't know if anyone has seen this yet...
If I am late to the party,my apologies...did a search and didn't see anything yet

We just released it this morning at 7am PST. Please let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!
Just one question about another amp we all wish you'd re-issue. :wink:
I'll give you a hint;
"One if by land, two if by C+"

:mrgreen:

I doubt a MarkIIC++ reissue endorsed by Metallica would sell. Why would anyone ever want something like that? What a terrible idea, a "MarkIIC++ Metallica" reissue. I might not be the only one waiting for that reissue. Authorized Boogie, can you see it? I can!!!

Markedman said:
I doubt a MarkIIC++ reissue endorsed by Metallica would sell. Why would anyone ever want something like that? What a terrible idea, a "MarkIIC++ Metallica" reissue. I might not be the only one waiting for that reissue. Authorized Boogie, can you see it? I can!!!
That would never sell. Metallica and John Petrucci have never been an influence over anyone's Mesa Boogie purchase. Why would you even suggest that?

I'm holding out for the SOB reissue. That will rock for when I play old Firehouse covers.
I hear that will be the next one Mesa does after they sell out of the Tigris Preamp reissues. :lol:

lesterpaul said:
jay said:
Awesome! How many are gonna be made and how much?
I heard it will be around $2495...dunno about the number made....maybe Authorized will chime in

Yes, that's correct. The King Snake will be limited to somewhere between 400 and 600 pieces WORLDWIDE - they do appear to be moving fast! Please let me know if you've got any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!

Wow. That looks pretty nice. The transformer on that amp is huge! (Is that the same one used on the Mark V?)

My dream is for Mesa to make an amp like this, except with graphic EQ and a reconfigurable preamp section. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to swap out different preamp modules? Preamp module options could be: Mark 1, Mark IIC+, Mark III, Lonestar, Dual Rectifier, Electrodyne, etc...... another could be a barebones preamp, as used in the Satellite amps of the 90s, for use in a stereo setup. I know several amp companies have tried preamp modules in the past (Seymour Duncan, Randall...) but Mesa is in a unique position to succeed here, as they have a great, flexible power amp design (10/50/100 mode, graphic eq, reverb), and have a history of awesome preamps to draw from. It would also be nice if the power section allowed different tubes to be used (6L6, EL34, 6V6) as with the Mark IV...

Maybe Authorized Boogie can pass this on to the powers that be....? You don't have to pay me a commission, but I will accept a discount on the final product. :wink:

That looks beautiful! Only thing is, I feel it's on the expensive side, even as far as Boogies go (Mark V combo is around $2250, from what I've seen the King Snake will retail at $2500). Still, fabulous work as usual by the guys at Mesa/Boogie!

screamingdaisy said:
cho said:
Preamp module options could be: Mark 1, Mark IIC+, Mark III, Lonestar, Dual Rectifier, Electrodyne,

Triaxis/2:90.

Only thing it won't do is the Electra Dyne.

That is a very good point. I have owned both a Triaxis & 2:90 in the past, but eventually sold them, although they did sound great! Your response really got me thinking: Why do I like the traditional amps so much more? I finally realized: It is the knobs. I like being able to reach out and tweak the sound using knobs. Could that feature really be so important?

Sorry for derailing the thread :oops: I am surprised there is not more buzz about the King Snake! Mesa just released a new amp! It looks simple and brilliant, and why wouldn't it be? I am excited, and just hoping that it will end up in their standard line.

cho said:
I am surprised there is not more buzz about the King Snake!

I suspect that the majority of us aren't in the correct demographic for this amp. I think it's cool, but not really something I'd get much use out of.

Somewhere on planet earth there's a Ricky Martin fan that's going bonkers...

screamingdaisy said:
cho said:

Really? I can guarantee you I am far from a Ricky Martin fan and this amp looks sweet to me. I have been a fan of the Mark series for over 2 decades, trying them all over the years, and I find myself going back to the Mark 1. With each revision, they have gotten more complex, and for some people (not necessarily Ricky Martin fans) it is nice to have one channel and reach out and adjust one of 6 knobs, and you are in tone heaven. And fanwise, I would think this would appeal to Santana fans more than Ricky Martin fans...

Boogieman said:
There is a video of Randy Smith and Carlos Santana on the amp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AzmLVtHjLQ

While this video was interesting, I kept on hoping there'd be some actual playing on it. You know, a demo? Kind of? I mean, there were 2 of the amps right there, a guitar right there, one of the best guitarists in the world right there, and all that happens is a bunch of talking. Couldn't he have played even a few notes?

Maybe this amp is a fake! :wink:

I am personally safe in my manhood that I don't need another guitarist name on a reissue :D

The Mark IIc+ is the finest amp that Mesa ever put out in my little world. I have used the suckers for almost 22 years, I just keep fixin' em when they break ($$$$). I'd be all for a reissue and you can put Grace Potter's name on it for all I care. Actually I do care, don't put her name on it..... :wink:

screamingdaisy said:
cho said:
I am surprised there is not more buzz about the King Snake!

I suspect that the majority of us aren't in the correct demographic for this amp. I think it's cool, but not really something I'd get much use out of.

Demographics aside, I'll keep my Mark 2C+ Coli.

Latest posts

Back