Mark III (black dot) - c516 mod: Which type of cap?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManCas

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm ordering a couple of caps for my Mark III, but I'm not sure which kind of cap (brand, model, dc rating) was used for c516 (I want to replace it with a .005µf). I'm trying to avoid taking out the chassis just to look at it.

Could someone lend me a hand, please?

If I remember correctly, it's the cap that I've pointed out in the picture.

Thanks in advance.

10853941373_ca9c17d1b0.jpg

ManCas said:
Hello,

I'm ordering a couple of caps for my Mark III, but I'm not sure which kind of cap (brand, model, dc rating) was used for c516 (I want to replace it with a .005µf). I'm trying to avoid taking out the chassis just to look at it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Mine already has the .005µf cap in place. What was this mod intended to be?

Cheers, Paul

ManCas said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Just found this on this site...

"C516 (In presence control circuit) : 0.01 microfarat should be stock - replace it with 0.005 microfarat. The presence control works different afterwards. I set it normally around 3. At 5 it is still usable for distortion. And at 7 it starts sound really bright."

Hope that helps..PAul

Back