Can anyone help me identify which mark series Boogie I have?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BADABING

Reaction score
I have a Mark Series amp that I think is a Mark III but I was hoping someone could confirm.

I think it's a Mark Series III but it does not have a stripe color above the plug. It has an x or a +.

The Master 1 knob says "Pull Deep"
The Bass knob says "Pull shift"
It is serial number 159xx

I would post pictures but I don't see how to do that???

Thanks in advance for your help!

You can create a photo bucket account and it will give you a link to copy. Then when you are posting the reply there is a Img button. Click that and post the URL inbetween it.

[img ]URL HERE [/img ]
There should not be spaces after the g should be g] just fyi.

I am sure you'll get a little more help figuring out your amp with pictures.

The serial number says Mark III, and it's probably the first run ie. black dot/stripe version. And it most likely has a big power transformer, left over from the IIC's.

BOOGIE3_zpsf4750056.jpg.html

O.K. What did I do wrong with this attempt to post pic's from my photobucket account?

I posted the url of the pic from photobucket between the img's?? Do I need to delete any of the url??

Thanks!

In photo bucket there is a side panel that reads "Links to share this photo" Make sure you copy the direct link there. That will make the photo show instead of not loading. If you copied the url from the browser it will fail to load as it is a protected (login) link.

Got it...Thanks Mazzith!

Can anyone help me identify if this is a mark III..?? why does it have an x or + above the plug??

Glad to have helped. Now I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to earlier mark models. But the did a little researching for you and it seems there are a few different stripe models to indicate the revision.

v1 Black Stripe or absence of a marking, black dot or black marker stripe about power cord.
v2 Purple Stripe
v3 Red Stripe
v4 Blue Stripe
V5 Green Stripe

Now I am not sure if this is completely correct but what I found is the the black stripe/no stripe used the same power transformer as the IIC+ and that should be easy to distinguish by its larger physical size and then later model mark III versions. They v1 also used the face plate of the Mark II and resulted with a pull function of the Marker 1 knob being mislabeled as Gain Boost instead of Pull Deep name. The pull functions above the bass and middle where etched by hand on the face plate resulting in a slightly different look than other labels.

Your face plate has it marked correctly so that would make you think it was not a version 1. But honestly I have no idea.

Since this serial number looks like early Mark III could this one have had the Mark II C(+) mod done to it hence the (+) sign above power cord?? Just a thought......

Weird thing about this amp is that it has a black dot and a (+) sign above the power cord???

Any thoughts....????

Thanks!

Have you considered emailing mesa about it? They can date it for sure and might be able to identify which version it is.

My Mark III has the exact same markings. From all the research I did, including contacting Mesa directly, it's just an early black stripe/no stripe. Maybe someone can tell us differently. The best thing I did with mine was put a NOS RFT 12AX7 in the V3 position (advice from someone on this forum). Anyways, here's a picture of mine with the same markings.
4af5fa9ce239bddb42ca1f3a0d9dfb73.jpg

It's definitely a MKIII black dot/stripe.... what the x means I don't know, call Mike B to know if you can't sleep because of it.
To know it has IIC's transformer, look at the power transformer and look for a 105 digit engraved.

2 Questions.
What significance is the power transformer to tone etc...?

Where is it located so I can find it in the amp?

Thanks!

Transformer should be the big block unit. You should be able to see it without taking the chassis off I believe.

BADABING said:
2 Questions.
What significance is the power transformer to tone etc...?

Where is it located so I can find it in the amp?

Thanks!
Larger PT = More clean head room, more power.
imho the OT will have more affect on tone (at least when it comes to tranny's; tubes... now that's a whole other subject)

The PT is right under the fuse, power cord, etc (left side of the amp looking at it from the rear.)

Back