MK IV ch 3 Presence: pushed or pulled?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littleb

Reaction score
I love my mkiv b so much I can't decide which way I like CH.3's pres...there's definitely a different feel/vibe going on with it in or out...seems like its a bit more open and raw with it in.... and perhaps a tad tighter in the low end with it out but it sounds smaller overall that way...any thoughts or experience with that?

the best mod would be changing ceramic cheap disk of presence cap with a TAD mustard , woaaww effect is instantly!

I perfer it in, I've used it pulled on rare occasions when playing in a "dead" room where I need to really cut through. A bit fizzy for me pulled. I do use the R2 presense pulled with one of my les pauls for a chunky rhythm though, FWIW.

I think it sounds more "gutsy" when pushed in. Maybe the added highs mask the lower mids when it's pulled? I like it both ways but usually keep it in the pushed in position.

Looks like a trend towards "in"...I'm thinking about taking it out on the road for some rock/pop and and a 80s tribute band gig.I'm gonna use it in tandem w/ my mkIII coli and satellite head for a wet dry wet mix....but I really want to focus on getting the 4 tweaked right at this time.I'm using a tele,strat,and Jackson...where do you guys set your presence when its pushed in?

It depends on which guitar I use. With my Les Paul custom presense set to 0, strats 3 - 4, same with 335. Sometimes with mys Les Paul Standard I may go 3 - 5 if I want a more edgy sound, othwise that'll stay close to 0.

Pushed in. I like the added harmonics my settings seem to have with it pushed in. You can definitely tell the difference in volume the push/pull makes!

On a side note, OP, if you ever decide to sell your Coli, please let me know first. I'll give it the best home anyone has ever imagined!

fretout said:
Pushed in. I like the added harmonics my settings seem to have with it pushed in. You can definitely tell the difference in volume the push/pull makes!

On a side note, OP, if you ever decide to sell your Coli, please let me know first. I'll give it the best home anyone has ever imagined!
.....yes...it seems like there s a ton a pushed in fans here..you seem to have some blue stripe stuff..my coli is a red just completely gone over by mike b.

I like it pulled for low to mid level jamming or recording most of the time. It has a really bouncy and dynamic feel this way. For more raw, aggressive chug at louder volumes I push it in.

Latest posts

Back