my C+ Coli that survived an f-5 twister

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lesterpaul

Reaction score
back in April 2011, my house was destroyed by one of the worst tornadoes in history...
the C+ Coli got the worst end of the deal...
hamercase032.jpg

...after settling with my insurance, I finally got to send in to Mike B.
ITS ALIVE..........!
Here she is, supporting a DGX and a DRG
DSC00082_zpsa143e73c.jpg

...big thanks to Mike B. and Rich for taking care of me...had to replace resistors,caps,a few sockets,jacks,and knobs....
awesome service and a truly well constructed machine...the chassis still has a mild bend in the back where it got hit by something that was probably going 200 mph....
-put her back in the headshell that George built me,too...a truly well constructed shell!!!thanks George for a qualilty build-the passion and care you put into your work can never be questioned
-all in all, glad to have my stuff back, but in the end, its only stuff
Enjoy your holidays and spend time with family and friends

Totoliseum+ :wink:

By far the most awesome story I've read on here yet! Sounds like your amp needs a part time job on Stormchasers!

gts said:
Twocious Maximus lives on!!!
yes, my brother!!It has been 1.5 years since I played it-forgot what a beast it really is....knocks you thru the walls
Big Block said:
Totoliseum+ :wink:

By far the most awesome story I've read on here yet! Sounds like your amp needs a part time job on Stormchasers!
thanks, Bigblock...it is quite a survival story...my wife, 2 kids, greyhound, and ragdoll cat made it out of this mess...
F5Tornado42711141_zpsf863acbe.jpg

...if you follow the stairway, that is where my stuff resided...i found my gear everywhere a few days later...it sustained at least 5 inches of rainfall, and the amount of debris I have found inside headshells, guitar cavities, etc is mind blowing(the little bathroom right there to the right of the stairs is where we were hunkered...)
-another one passed over about 10 minutes after we were hit...it decided not to touch down
-we wouldn't be here if it had...
needless to say, having the Coli survive is sweet revenge 8)
...no doubt it is a little special now

All sorts of awesome.

I'm happy everything worked out with the Coli, but seeing that pic again and knowing you and your family were able to walk away from it has got me all verklempt.

And God bless all that didn't.

lockbody said:
All sorts of awesome.

I'm happy everything worked out with the Coli, but seeing that pic again and knowing you and your family were able to walk away from it has got me all verklempt.

And God bless all that didn't.
thanks LB-well put...
...and remember my tornado advice:if you see the big one coming, put on some sensible shoes(I was stuck with some 10 year old dope smoker loafers for about 2 days...they were wetter than a nympho...****, my dogs were hurtin'...!)

lesterpaul said:
...and remember my tornado advice:if you see the big one coming, put on some sensible shoes(I was stuck with some 10 year old dope smoker loafers for about 2 days...they were wetter than a nympho...****, my dogs were hurtin'...!)

"Dope Smoker Loafer" ? Is that a trademarked name brand shoe? :lol: :lol: :lol:

stephen sawall said:
The photo's in this thread are amazing ....wow...
You almost have to laugh to keep from crying. Wait until you see the snapped off headstock on the Les Paul. :(

It is amazing that anyone walked out of this mess, but 4 people and 2 animals(the greyhound took a wild ride)?

Back