Digging this new setting on my Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanboy

Reaction score
My brother in-law has a Mesa DC-10, I love the way his amp sounds, I wrote his settings down and came home and tried to dial it in as close to his settings as possible. I'm really liking the sound, it a very thick crunch, give it a try and let me know what you think. The EQ settings are what's the most different for me.
2877a5345933f69fc25cbf793f7b093c.jpg

Sean

The settings on the graphic EQ are just strange... also with the bass on the regular eq that high it must be a bit flubby too

Yeah, I now agree with everyone's comments, I left it on that setting for about a day until I realized I wasn't digging it as much as I thought I was. I did have a bad head cold an my ears were pretty plugged up that day, lol.

cremona said:
You are a troll or need to get your ears checked
By the way, thanks for the kind words of encouragement, I'm still new to guitar, and still trying to find that sound I love. I've been having a difficult time getting it dialed in just right. But a real thank you to the other replies, they helped a lot.

There are a few stereotypical nasty zones on most MkIIIs that you learn to avoid. Most if them involve, a.) the ice pick, b.) the mud zone, and c.) flub. Speakers play a huge part in where those areas lie, but because the tone controls are so flexible, they are there in a big way. The bass control is usually WAY too influential on a 1x12 combo, especially the EV12L. But it can round out thin sounding speaker cabs, too. Not everyone uses the combo speaker exclusively, so obviously, YMMV.

Most of the polarized opinions come for those that believe every MkIII sounds the same, reacts the same, uses the exact same speakers, and are only playing Metallica and Dream Theater covers. :lol: Don't sweat it and enjoy your MkIII. 8)

Latest posts

Back