mark III settings

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanboy

Reaction score
Just curious, do you typically find one setting that you keep your mark III set at? Or do you find yourself constantly making adjustments? I find myself constantly messing with the settings, I think I spend more time fiddling with the settings than I actually do spend playing guitar.

When I find settings that I like on my Mark III, I like to leave them undisturbed if at all possible. I do notice that sometimes I go back and forth on whether I prefer pull deep or bass shift, but otherwise, I like to set it and forget it.

Set and forget.

I found that after awhile I'd change something, which would cause me to change something else, which would cause me to change something else... and eventually I'd wind up right back where I started.

What about when switching guitars from say a guitar with humbuckers vs a strat with single coils?

That's always a problem. My main solution to that problem is to almost always play Gibson-style guitars. I actually don't think I've ever plugged my Strat copy into my Mark III. However, when I plug it into my Studio Preamp, it's usually enough to turn the volume up somewhat to compensate for the lower-output pickups, and maybe take the treble down a few touches too.

Whoopysnorp said:
...Strat...turn the volume up somewhat to compensate for the lower-output pickups, and maybe take the treble down a few touches too.
+1
After a while you start to realize that everything you tweak ends up sounding the same. I ended up turning every knob to zero, defeated the GEQ and started from scratch. My personal challenge was to find an awesome, different tone with completely different settings while being a good foundations for my pedals AND work with both P-90s and hummers. The results were surprising but if I need to use a Strat, a knob or GEQ change is needed.

Only thing I ever mess with is the pull deep, and if I am recording a clean part I turn the volume up to max from 7.5. That's it.

screamingdaisy said:
Set and forget.

I found that after awhile I'd change something, which would cause me to change something else, which would cause me to change something else... and eventually I'd wind up right back where I started.

This right here. I've had mine on the same settings for a few years now.

My settings are pretty consistent lately. I tweek the high end the most. It's sometimes difficult to know where to set the amp for the most definition and cut without sounding too bright and fatiguing in the high frequencies. I usually have the high slider a bit below the top line, treble knob at 7.5, and presence at 2 to 3 ish.

Actually for all us III users the more the things change the more they stay the same . . .we'll usually stick to the same ballpark . . . gain around 6-9, treble around 6-8, middle 4-6 and bass 0-2 with some minor changes on the fabled EQ V curve. 8)

Latest posts

Back