Couple Mark IV questions, switching, EQ and noise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G*A*S*_Addict

Reaction score
Im a new owner of a Mark IV, I believe its a B version, has some markings of 94 on the chassis...

not sure of the year, wondering if its a 94?

First question has to do with the switching with the footboard (FU-3)
I cant seem to get the EQ to switch in and out, actually I cant get it to switch even on the front panel, its always on

Ive realized the knob switch in the back has an effect on the footboard switching, the LED comes on and off, but no eq change, have not tried the loop yet, but the channels do switch

Next one just involves the settings to make the floorboard work as it should along with the rear panel knobs/switches
where should everything be set?

Last I noticed a tick tick tick sound through the speakers, its just a tad faster than once per second and varies in level with volume or gain increase
playing with the loop switch in the back, I can almost make it disappear...also rotating the channel/switch knob in back can make it quieter or louder

Now whats weird is if I have a guitar plugged in and strapped on (lol) and its ticking....it will speed up by me walking behind the amp???? However, if the guitar cord is unplugged from the amp my presence behind has no effect
but otherwise its steady

thanks for any advice
sound wise I love this amp! :lol:

well, I figured out the clicking, I have a air purifier in my room with a ionizer button, when the fan is on no click, when the ionizer is on...click comes through the amp :lol:

Guess you have to be part of the clique to get any help around here

same deal with my last question, not one reply in weeks, this one has had 22 views and no one can explain this?

**** it, Ill figure it out on my own and stay the hell away from here

you guys have fun

G*A*S*_Addict said:
Guess you have to be part of the clique to get any help around here

same deal with my last question, not one reply in weeks, this one has had 22 views and no one can explain this?

f%&# it, Ill figure it out on my own and stay the hell away from here

you guys have fun

Here is a reply - grow up. You are acting like this is an official Mesa tech support site and you are asking for warranty support. With that attitude maybe its better that you stay away ;)

great

If I wanted mesa tech support I would have went there

these forums always have know it alls that want to spew forth their knowledge

only problem is you have to take them to dinner first

that became clear to me with this thread

Ill pass, Im not going to come here and make 27.6 posts of bullshit, just so I can ask a question

will handle it on my own, but thanks for popping in

On mine,

- My mode switch in the back is set on "EX SW".
- My EQ rocker switch in the front is set in the middle.
- My loop rocker switch in the back is set down (to "FX Loop Switching").

With those settings, my footswitches work fine.

I was going to post a reply, but you apparently don't want it. RTFM - you do have one, don't you? It's in there. And I'll second the grow up advice. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

- My mode switch in the back is set on "EX SW".
- My EQ rocker switch in the front is set in the middle.
- My loop rocker switch in the back is set down (to "FX Loop Switching").

thank you, didnt work

it appears that my effects loop and my eq are both stuck "on"

nothing I do will get the LEDs to go out

eq lite on the footswitch goes on and off with the footswitch button, but the loop does not, however they both stay lit on the amp

I did Read The F@@@ing Manual, you dip ****...

And I have searched the internet with no luck

I guess I thought someone could say Hey we have had these issues, here is where I would start....

that sort of thing, but again, this forum is fucked up man, people would rather secretly laugh at a guy who is having problems than to speak up and offer help

When you switch the EQ on and off using the foot-switch, does the EQ LED on the amp go off and on?

Concerning the effects loop:

The 'effects loop' switches section of the manual can be somewhat confusing. Not only will the 'effects' rocker swith engage the loop, the loop can also be engaged via the 'lead' and 'R2' rocker switches next to the 'effects' switch.

Check the 'lead' and 'r2' rocker switchs and make sure they are in the middle position. The 'down' position means the loop is active for that mode.

When you switch the EQ on and off using the foot-switch, does the EQ LED on the amp go off and on?

No, EQ light on amp is always on irregardless of the footswitch position or the footswitch LED, (which does go on and off)

even with footswitch unplugged and fiddling with ALL switches on amp, light and EQ are always on

Better than never on I guess, but would like to make it right

I havent gotten into the loop yet, as I dont use it, but will do some checking and see wether it actually works properly

Thanks again for your help

G*A*S*_Addict said:
I did Read The F@@@ing Manual, you dip sh!t

And I have searched the internet with no luck

I guess I thought someone could say Hey we have had these issues, here is where I would start....

that sort of thing, but again, this forum is f%&# up man, people would rather secretly laugh at a guy who is having problems than to speak up and offer help

Actually, the people on this forum are just fine, and would probably have posted up useful stuff in time. Except you had to start insulting everyone right on the first day you posted - what, did you expect instant answers? Yeah, right.

Ok, I'll try this, but only expect to be insulted again. What you're up against is one of the big problems with these amps - the switching system. There are something like 43 vactrols that control the routing of the various signals, and they're somewhat prone to failure. And when they fail, odd things can result - most of the stuff will still work right, but just one thing will be odd. Sometimes you can live with the oddness, sometimes not so much. If you've set the switches as bgh suggested, and the footswitch isn't switching things but the lights are changing, then most likely one of the vactrols has blown. And you'll need to be dealing with mesa or a qualified tech to fix this - they're not user serviceable.

On the back of the Mark IV is a rocker switch marked Graphic Equalizer with the choices ON--OFF--R2AUTO

For the foot controller EQ switch to work this rocker must be set to OFF.

Also the mode selector must be set to FT SW--- Not EX SW

LOOP SELECT switch must be set to switchable NOT normal for the FU-3 loop switch to work

Just in case someone can't follow directions, I'll post a picture.

*Important*
The two rocker switches labeled RHY 1 - AUTO - RHY 2 are three position switches. Make sure they are in the center postion!
Mode Select dial to FT. SW

Latest posts

Back