Mark iii dimension questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjj

Reaction score
I took several dimensions on my mark iii head before I sent it in for repairs and have decided to build a new head cabinet for it while it is getting repaired. I have mostly completed the enclosure except for the front panel and reverb cut out. I am building it a little taller to provide more space for removing the power tubes. Let me know if you have the following dimensions:

1.) Height of the chasis (most critical for now). I think I measured this as either 2.5" or 2 5/8".

2.) Dimensions for reverb cut out on the bottom of the amp. I might not do a cutout for the reverb tank if I can just mount it upside down. Do you know if there are any issues with mounting the reverb tank upside down? I will also see search around on google for this but figured I would ask if anyone knows this off the top of their heads.

Mjj said:
I took several dimensions on my mark iii head before I sent it in for repairs and have decided to build a new head cabinet for it while it is getting repaired. I have mostly completed the enclosure except for the front panel and reverb cut out. I am building it a little taller to provide more space for removing the power tubes. Let me know if you have the following dimensions:

1.) Height of the chasis (most critical for now). I think I measured this as either 2.5" or 2 5/8".

2.) Dimensions for reverb cut out on the bottom of the amp. I might not do a cutout for the reverb tank if I can just mount it upside down. Do you know if there are any issues with mounting the reverb tank upside down? I will also see search around on google for this but figured I would ask if anyone knows this off the top of their heads.

1.) The Chassis is 2-5/16" tall. Or 2-3/8" if it has the rubber bumpers on the top.

2.) You may need to move the small springs which attache/ hold the floating spring plate to the side of the tank to a "higher" position if you put the tank in "upside down".
Other than that there is no issue. Fwiw Mesa used the same tank (9AB2A1B) right side up or upside down.
Technically speaking there was an Accutronics tank designed for the springs facing up.
It had a Slightly different model number than the 9AB2A1B (open side down) pretty sure it was the 9AB2A1A (open side up).

Good luck with the build!

gts - Thanks for the reply. 1.) I will probably build the front plane ~1/8" larger and just plane or sand it down when the chasis gets back. 2.) I finished the cabinet and have the stain done, just need to sand down to show the grain and apply the nitro. Thanks also for the feedback on the reverb tank.

Latest posts

Back