Mark IV A Manua & 6V6 Questionsl???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Mark IVA combo this week. It was broken and sitting in the corner of a local studio for years. Early serial # 0076x.

I know I used to hate these amps, but I have to admit, this is the best sounding Mark IV I have ever played! I had another A series many years ago and it just did nothing for me. :lol: Maybe my ears are maturing with age like a fine wine...... :lol:

I can't find a manual for the A version. My amp has 2 FX loops and I want to know how to use them properly.

Also, has anyone used their IV's with 6V6's? I know that it won't give me much of a reduction in volume, but I would like to run it at a lower wattage so I can get more power tube breakup on the cleans and R2.

I've been using it in Class A, Tweed (low) power, Pentode settings. It is still freakishly loud on 2!!!!

I have a MIVa manual. Good condition with a little bit of writting in it from someone else. You are welcome to it. PM me your address.

How big of a difference is there between the IVa manual and the IVb manual?

I have a IVb and I downloaded the manual from the Mesa website. The diagrams in the manual reference a different layout than my amp. For example, the EQ switch and lead harmonics switch are on the front of my amp, but the manual describes them as being in the back.

Are those (cosmetic) types of things the only differences in the manuals?

Bgh, it's because you have a wide body Mark IV. that's why you got the EQ switch and the harmonics on the front of you amp. And the Mark IVa have a kind of two effect loop in the back.

Rhoads, thanks. It seems I have (at best) a tenuous grip on the obvious! Yes, as you stated, my MK IV is indeed a wide-body model. The manual on the Mesa website must have been written for MK IVs before the wide-body models were produced.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back