My Mark IV lead settings.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giantstepjoe

Reaction score
So this is my all purpose high gain crunch rhythm/lead tone:

Amp is running a pair of 6l6s and a pair of el34s in full power set to simulclass, triode, mid-gain. Gain is between 7 and 8; pulled fat, treble 7, bass 2, mid 8, lead drive 6.5, presence 2; pushed in. I love this setting- it's my all purpose filth and I can vary it quite a bit with the volume knob. Its crunchy, fat ,tight, and fluid all at the same time. Mark IV Rules. I know the V is awesome but it's hard to imagine me needing any more than what the Mark IV can deliver.

Sounds like the classic mark iv lead tone!

I always run my presence around 8 pushed but I see a lot of people run it around 2-3. I just always found it a bit dark sounding that low. Maybe it's the way I have my EQ set up. Do you run the EQ with those settings?

8 on the presence seems a little high.

My settings are Gain 7 pulled, treb 7, mid 4, bass 1, drive 7, presence 1-3 pulled. Running in simul-class, triode, and harmonics.

I pretty much never run the graphic eq. I've tried using it but I find that the way I have it dialed in is perfect for me without it.

These settings are pretty close to what I use on my III's, except using the geq and a hair touch of the presence (1, no more then 2) to get it nice and 'chewy'. It sings and thumps like no other. :twisted:

giantstepjoe said:
So this is my all purpose high gain crunch rhythm/lead tone:

Amp is running a pair of 6l6s and a pair of el34s in full power set to simulclass, triode, mid-gain. Gain is between 7 and 8; pulled fat, treble 7, bass 2, mid 8, lead drive 6.5, presence 2; pushed in. I love this setting- it's my all purpose filth and I can vary it quite a bit with the volume knob. Its crunchy, fat ,tight, and fluid all at the same time. Mark IV Rules. I know the V is awesome but it's hard to imagine me needing any more than what the Mark IV can deliver.

Amended- after using this setting for some time I found mid gain to be a little too thick so I changed to harmonics and have pulled the drive dial to bright.

Latest posts

Back