The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:54 pm 
Offline
Mark III
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 329
Location: Marysville, California, USA
O.K. I used it last night at a gig and - Holy Tone Generator Batman!! 'nough said :shock:

Dennis

_________________
Mark III no mark w Randy's initials & some IIc+ parts
50 Caliber (6BQ5) 4xEL84
Heartbreaker
Fender 75
Acoustic 165

1970 LPGT
1981 The Strat
1983 GZ-300
1983 (Elite Neck)/2001 FrankenStrat
1990 Firebird
more guitars, so little characters


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:14 pm 
Offline
Single Recto
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 pm
Posts: 1047
Location: Cream Cheese
Dennis, glad to see the Mark III was a much success at your gig. 8)

_________________
Mark III Cream -Red Stripe DRG
Mark III Cream -Purple Stripe DRG
Orange PPC412HP8
PRS Standard 24 Cream
PRS Standard 24 Red
Marshall JCM800 1960A 412


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:13 pm 
Offline
Mark III
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 pm
Posts: 329
Location: Marysville, California, USA
Neptical wrote:
Dennis, glad to see the Mark III was a much success at your gig. 8)


Everyone one in the group, AND the keyboardist we had sit in, was amazed. There was a fan who is also a sound man & drummer in the audience. He said he thought I could play well but never heard me "until now". They were all deceived. :twisted: I told them it is the amp - I still play the same :lol:

What really got me was that the KB player had his Randall (really loud & clean) right next to me. He said my amp cut through the on stage mix better then any guitarists' amp he had ever worked with; whether we played C&W clean or the 80's style rock we do as well as the AC/DC very well. He said he was most impressed with the SRV Crossfire cover I do. I found it interesting that my Frankenstrat 1983 SSH had really great tone and that I had to push in the Lead Volume bright when using my 2008 Les Paul Traditional Pro. I would have thought it would have been the opposite. I do not know what Mike did (nor would I even understand it) BUT "I Like It" :shock:

Dennis

_________________
Mark III no mark w Randy's initials & some IIc+ parts
50 Caliber (6BQ5) 4xEL84
Heartbreaker
Fender 75
Acoustic 165

1970 LPGT
1981 The Strat
1983 GZ-300
1983 (Elite Neck)/2001 FrankenStrat
1990 Firebird
more guitars, so little characters


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:28 pm 
Offline
Single Recto
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 pm
Posts: 1047
Location: Cream Cheese
I guess this is why they say 'the amp plays itself'. :lol:

I agree, these amps cut through the mix extremely well. I've got a bunch of live board mixes just to make sure. 8)

Glad to see Mike B. gave you the ultimate hook-up!

_________________
Mark III Cream -Red Stripe DRG
Mark III Cream -Purple Stripe DRG
Orange PPC412HP8
PRS Standard 24 Cream
PRS Standard 24 Red
Marshall JCM800 1960A 412


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:28 am 
Offline
Bottle Rocket

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:27 am
Posts: 17
jpdennis wrote:
Now that I think of it, I am inclinded to wonder if the "R" means Mike applied his reverb "fix" ...

Dennis



Yes, the "R" indicates a reverb fix.

Cheers, Paul


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
Mark IV

Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:09 pm
Posts: 813
Location: Looking over the shoulder of the guy who lost his apples - not that he really ever had any to lose.
Paul Johnson wrote:
jpdennis wrote:
Now that I think of it, I am inclinded to wonder if the "R" means Mike applied his reverb "fix" ...

Dennis



Yes, the "R" indicates a reverb fix.

Cheers, Paul


Bringing some threads back from the dead after a few years there Paul?
Asking as your posting replies in some pretty old threads that haven't seen any action for a few years.
You being new here are you trying to up your post count? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:08 pm 
Offline
Mark III

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:32 pm
Posts: 168
jpdennis wrote:
Neptical wrote:
Dennis, glad to see the Mark III was a much success at your gig. 8)


Everyone one in the group, AND the keyboardist we had sit in, was amazed. There was a fan who is also a sound man & drummer in the audience. He said he thought I could play well but never heard me "until now". They were all deceived. :twisted: I told them it is the amp - I still play the same :lol:

What really got me was that the KB player had his Randall (really loud & clean) right next to me. He said my amp cut through the on stage mix better then any guitarists' amp he had ever worked with; whether we played C&W clean or the 80's style rock we do as well as the AC/DC very well. He said he was most impressed with the SRV Crossfire cover I do. I found it interesting that my Frankenstrat 1983 SSH had really great tone and that I had to push in the Lead Volume bright when using my 2008 Les Paul Traditional Pro. I would have thought it would have been the opposite. I do not know what Mike did (nor would I even understand it) BUT "I Like It" :shock:

Dennis


Yes it is true, the greatest playing in the world amounts to nothing unless you have great TONE! Glad you've connected with the MkIII. 8) I had Mike update my no stripe III to + status and a few other mods about 10 years ago, and it is still my main amp. Reason? I sound best through it, and have had my most inspiring tone experiences over the years while playing it. My playing is basically the same through other amps, of course, but the end result is different. And once I hear how good my tone is, I am confident that DOES in fact make me play better! :mrgreen:

_________________
Quad Preamp/2:90
MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb
Mark 4x12 Stack
Charvel 650 Custom/EMG85/SLV/SLV+SPC
Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA
Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
B.C. Rich Eagle Evo2/Air Norton
ESP Eclipse EMG 81/60
Ibanez UV7BK
Charvel 475 Exotic
Fender Tele USA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group