The Holliest of the Mk IIC+ grails

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revgsmall

Reaction score
So if my Mark IIC+ has the initials "RCS" and its a 100 watt, no graphic eq, reverb. Am I the king of the Mesa's??? If so, stand in line to kiss my ring....

Nice amp.... maybe if it was a simul and had GEQ. pics? the original princeton boogies might actually be the Holiest

scott

King of IIC+s seem to be the DRG longhead aka james hetfields "crunch berries" around here. I would personally be more happy to have "MB" on my boogie, which i do, because hes the head tech and knows more about them and sees more of them than anyone, including "RCS". Sorry, you lose.

Shep said:
I have a loaded C+ and i have a 60watt reverb No Eq Combo. The Combo for me is the holy amp. Eats the Loaded C+.

So are you gonna send your simul back to the states?? :D someone here will gladly buy it!

scott

IIC+ Coliseum with RCS initials and we'll be talking. :twisted:

dodger916 said:
JOEY B. said:
revgsmall said:
Am I the king of the Mesa's???....

NOPE!

revgsmall said:
If so, stand in line to kiss my ring....

I've got something that you can kiss, too. :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Export C+ is the Holiest! 8)

Bastage.

Holy Bastage.

Grail Owning Bastage.

revgsmall said:
Am I the king of the Mesa's???....

NOPE!

revgsmall said:
If so, stand in line to kiss my ring....

quote]

Bastage.

Last I read it was the Mesa 100 watt with no simluclass and no graphic EQ that was the cat's meow. You be changing the rules to suit your own private taco supreme is all I can very unseriously say to you all;)!!!

Holy Bastage.

Grail Owning Bastage.[/quote]

here is me with the "Holly grail" Mk IIC+. Hope you enjoy it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVkEaeKayi0

I'll admit you get a nice tone out of it, but this forum is not about having a pissing contest. If you want to get into something like that, there are some very heavy hitters on this forum who can likely take you down quickly with their rigs and knowledge. The C+ you speak of is what Mesa has called the best C+, but that is subjective. If all you're going to do is get Santana tones out of it, then you might as well have gotten a Mark I.

If the only C+ you've played is your non-EQ, non-Simul class combo, then you can't really say you have the best if you've never tried any others, now can you? There's a reason you can get those for cheaper than a Simul, EQ, Coliseum, or an Export Transformer model (which Mike B., the C+ technician at Mesa, claims is best).

Enjoy your amp and be thankful you have a C+. With 4 posts, you are considered a "newb" around here, no matter how long you've had your amp. Instead of asking us to kiss your ring, you should be quiet, humble, and open to soak up information from those here with thousands of posts, years of knowledge, and more Mesa Boogie experience than even some of their employees. Nobody here kisses anything other than our amps (and wives).

Elpelotero said:
Enjoy your amp and be thankful you have a C+. With 4 posts, you are considered a "newb" around here, no matter how long you've had your amp. Instead of asking us to kiss your ring, you should be quiet, humble, and open to soak up information from those here with thousands of posts, years of knowledge, and more Mesa Boogie experience than even some of their employees. Nobody here kisses anything other than our amps (and wives).

I think that about sums it up.. this place is like the jedi temple.. not a place to swing the epeen. This is by far the most resourceful spot for boogie info there is. Not to mention some the nicest guys around even to us "noobs".

exbest182 said:
Elpelotero said:

I think that about sums it up.. this place is like the jedi temple.. not a place to swing the epeen. This is by far the most resourceful spot for boogie info there is. Not to mention some the nicest guys around even to us "noobs".

Big +1

Keeping a stable of vintage gear healthy these days means digging out your tools rather than your wallet, and that's possible to do thanks to the abundance of knowledge and those willing to share it on the BB.

As for ring kissing? Well, it's your prerogative to offer, but I'm sure there's more appropriate forums elsewhere online for that kind of invitation don't ya think?

exbest182 said:
Elpelotero said:

It was to be a humerous post. I apologize. I had no idea there were Jedi Knights and the Temple of Boogie Doom here.

I 've done four mark I's, a couple of IIB's. Three Mk IIC+, loaded and unloaded, a couple of Mk III's and a really bad sounding Mk IV. And I use them professionally, not in my bedroom. So what the hell do I know about Boogies, obviously nothing. This is hardly my first rodeo, cowboys...sorry you can't laugh with one another and enjoy.

exbest182 said:
this place is like the jedi temple.. not a place to swing the epeen.

Hahaha, swinging the ePeen... funny! does a swinging ePeen make the same noise as a light saber?

scott

revgsmall said:
exbest182 said:
Elpelotero said:

It was to be a humerous post. I apologize. I had no idea there were Jedi Knights and the Temple of Boogie Doom here.

I 've done four mark I's, a couple of IIB's. Three Mk IIC+, loaded and unloaded, a couple of Mk III's and a really bad sounding Mk IV. And I use them professionally, not in my bedroom. So what the hell do I know about Boogies, obviously nothing. This is hardly my first rodeo, cowboys...sorry you can't laugh with one another and enjoy.

I can laugh with the best of them. There is a history here of some members questioning the value of the C+ and the "cork sniffing" status of those who own them. When someone asks me what amp do I play, my response is "a Mark II". If they do not inquire further, that is all I will say. No ring kissing, holy grail, or anything else. FWIW, one of those jedi knights has saved me lots of time and money over the years that I have been a member here. Your ring kissing comment may have been an innocent joke, but it really has become a sour subject on this message board. From one "cowboy" to another, it's all good. :D

Revgsmall - I got the humor, man. No biggie. :wink:

Keep posting it up. We'd love to hear of your Boogie stories.

And...welcome to the board. As a Boogie owner, feel free to post whatever you want. Let's see the pics, though. :D

Back