Removing sus 4 shock from my mark 3

Mark I's, II's, III's and the almight IV

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

shush
Mark I

Removing sus 4 shock from my mark 3

Post by shush » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Im refurbishing my mark 3 combo, re-covering it, and would like to know: How do you remove the shock mounts on top of the shell ?
Dumb question I know but I need to remove them to recover my combo shell properly :D

Many Thanks
Sean

Also does any one here know where I can buy some leather corners from ( tan coloured )

Many Thanks in anticipation
Sean

>Photi G<
Mark III

Re: Removing sus 4 shock from my mark 3

Post by >Photi G< » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:52 pm

Pop the plastic trim rings out from the top of the combo with a putty knife (after removing the amp etc., of course). Then each shock mount has 4 phillips screws holding it in from the inside of the combo.

Also, when you refurb your cab, be sure to replace the foil shielding on the top.

mark2boogie
Mark III

Post by mark2boogie » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi,

What I would personnally do :

- removing the SUS-4 plates, numbering them and their placement, to be sure to reset them in the exact original position. Note that on my cab, it was not Philips head, but square imprint, so I needed to grind a surplus Allen key to the exact square dimension.

- making or finding a cylinder cimblot at the closest diameter of the hole in the wood (underneath access), and use it along with a mallet to gently end evenly push the black plastic trim rings out of their holes.

- replace the aluminum paper foil by a flat thicker one (0.5mm) cut to size and form, and glued evenly with neoprene glue. Use a removable GND connection attached to plate and attacheable to chassis (central back screw).That's what I have done in my SUIS-4 cab :

A+!
Only one venerable Boogie MKIIA S/N° 4915 from March 1980 (dixit Daniel "igfraso" - thanks !), in Tolex Cab with a 1978 ALTEC 417-8H Series II speaker, and personal circuit improvements.

guilhemamplification.jimdo.com

shush
Mark I

Post by shush » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 am

Thanks Guys :D