Early C+ 60 watt reverb export

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shep

Reaction score
I just got this one.

It's serial (12514) show's it's the 14th ever made in the C+ range. Whats strange is there is no + on the back of the power cord. Passed lead fx loop test.

Made 4/84

Looking forward to getting it and putting up some gut shots.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180684127501&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hey Shep,
I was talking with Ian about that one too..
I was a little unsure about the guts to go 2.5k, but I'm sure glad it's gone local and to a good home.
Can't wait to see the pics and your reports!
Dave

yeah it was alittle strange that it has no +. It passed the Loop test and is in the c+ serial range so it should be all good. i can compare it to my 13378 and see how it goes.

Shep said:
I just got this one.

It's serial (12514) show's it's the 14th ever made in the C+ range. Whats strange is there is no + on the back of the power cord. Passed lead fx loop test.

Made 4/84

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180684127501&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Congrats Shep! Here's a C+ Mystery. Mine was made around the same time and does not have a "+" sign either. I wonder if the black sharpie went dry for a spell? Maybe they were going to stop and decided to start again? Anybody know how many amps have shown up without the plus sign?

mule#1 said:
Shep said:
I just got this one.

Made 4/84

Congrats Shep! Here's a C+ Mystery. Mine was made around the same time and does not have a "+" sign either. I wonder if the black sharpie went dry for a spell? Maybe they were going to stop and decided to start again? Anybody know how many amps have shown up without the plus sign?

What number is yours?? how many off mine is it??

Shep said:
mule#1 said:
Shep said:
I just got this one.

Made 4/84

What number is yours?? how many off mine is it??

Mine is 132XX. August 84'. At least it has 8/84 in sharpie inside.

Here's something more odd. There is a small "+" inside the chassis by the plug. Its a sharpie but small. Not sure if it was done by Mike B as his initials are by the cord or someone later. Obviously with the serial # and loop test it's a C+ but very mystrious :roll:

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

Shep, really happy that baby stayed local!! Good for U !!
Can't be many export IIC's down this neck of the woods..
You'd be earmarking those caps for some surgery I'd expect??
If you're Canberra way, I'd be happy to give U a hand - I've got spare F+T's aplenty.
And I see some celebratory medicinal ales in the background...LOL LOL
Dave

McBarry said:
Shep, really happy that baby stayed local!! Good for U !!
Can't be many export IIC's down this neck of the woods..
You'd be earmarking those caps for some surgery I'd expect??
If you're Canberra way, I'd be happy to give U a hand - I've got spare F+T's aplenty.
And I see some celebratory medicinal ales in the background...LOL LOL
Dave

Yeah blue tounge larger.

Dam, I just bought all the caps from the US. Yeah giving it a complete over hall.

filter caps bais. pot's clean out. clean all the crap off the PCB's. re tension tube sockets replace busted reverb tank. everything has be bought just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

It'll certainly love you for that!
Looks a bit like a 220uf let go and spilled it's guts - ?white goo on PSU board and chassis underneath??
I just did the caps on my MkIIB and the sound difference is worth chasing.
"Deeper"/fuller bottom end is prolly how I'd describe it.
Whole new reverb tank or just circuit work? My reverb tranny is off being re-wound this week. I wanted to stay as original as possible.

The spring broke. so new tank only. yeah i was thinking thats whats happend with the caps. can't believe this is how some one fixed it. retarded.

I have a full new set of F&T coming plus 2x 47uf 100v roe (german) bais caps too.

i would say that the cap job isn't too old as the amp sounds pretty good. these caps won't last very long but. wrong voltage value.

I'll see your dodgy cap job Shep, and raise ya one...
The cap job on my IIA was... umm... trying to think of something not slanderous... well lets say it looks "creative"...
Not sure of the theoretical effectiveness, but it looked flipping awful, and un-professional.

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

McBarry said:
I'll see your dodgy cap job Shep, and raise ya one...
The cap job on my IIA was... umm... trying to think of something not slanderous... well lets say it looks "creative"...
Not sure of the theoretical effectiveness, but it looked flipping awful, and un-professional.

IMG_4381.jpg

IMG_4379.jpg

Looks like it was done by the same guy. Shiitty amp repair's.

Here is a video that got sent to me. i got up and played acouple of songs with a band at a a pub in town. They asked me to get up and play some blues seeing i was in the room and i just happend to have my new C+ in the car/les paul in the car. so i did this. turned out some guy taped it. and sent me it. So here is a C+ not doing metal. ahha

http://youtu.be/YSnnXZpbbC8

Shep said:
Here is a video that got sent to me. i got up and played acouple of songs with a band at a a pub in town. They asked me to get up and play some blues seeing i was in the room and i just happend to have my new C+ in the car/les paul in the car. so i did this. turned out some guy taped it. and sent me it. So here is a C+ not doing metal. ahha http://youtu.be/YSnnXZpbbC8
Gee...I never thought to use it for metal. :wink:

Real nice playing!

Seriously, I was noodling with mine last night at medium gain (like your vid), low TV-level volumes and was totally blown away...again. Getting the kind of tones and FEEL that won't let you turn it off from my P90-loaded LP Special. I love my Mark IV, but the tone and feel of a C+ puts me in a very separate and special place. Mine is a DRGX (IIA upgrade). Long live the exports!

Latest posts

Back