Im baffled have sensetiv my C+ really is

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cremona

Reaction score
Ok so i restringed my ESP eslipse standard with ernie ball power slinkys , the exact same strings i had before.

But when i started to play , my sound was so different then before, hmm new tubes , had i messed aroundw ith the amp settings , what is wrong ?
I knew that the strings neede a littel workout so i played it loud and proud in a` Dick dale on meth`type a way for a few days but it sound still wouldent sound like it used to, the c+ bark was gone.

Then i tried new tubes (luckely i had both new Tungsrams and RFT tubes in spare) but not much different.

Then it hit me, when i tuned the guitar with the new strings i tuned it in standard E , where before i tuned it in c#, that is because the guitar is set up for 010 E strings with standard tuning and with the 011 power slinky it sounds best a halft step down.

When i got home i tuned it down , and behold there it was again, that almost chorus like bark and swirling overtones.

that never ever been such a isue with eny other amp i have tried, espicialy not with my old Dual recto.

This amp is like a fine instrument, the slightest changes and it completly changes nature

I couldn't agree more. My C+ may sound great one day and not touching a single thing , would sound not so good the next. I also agree with guitar tuned down half step. For some reason the C+ sounds better.

Back