Dating a Mesa Thiele Cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidE

Reaction score
Just picked up an older Mesa/Boogie Thiele cab. Any thoughts on when this one might have been built?

IMG_4939.jpg

IMG_4938.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

IMG_4941.jpg

Looks like mine, and mine matches my Mark III purchased new in 1990, so somewhere in that ballpark.

I would say that given the recessed plastic jack cup that it is an early eighties model. All the very early ones had either the recessed cup or the solid switchcraft (1/2 inch metal) jack mounted right in the baffle. Mid eighties they changed over to the square metal plate about 3 1/2" x 4" .

Restless Rocks said:
I would say that given the recessed plastic jack cup that it is an early eighties model. All the very early ones had either the recessed cup or the solid switchcraft (1/2 inch metal) jack mounted right in the baffle. Mid eighties they changed over to the square metal plate about 3 1/2" x 4" .

Vintage!!! Lol. No EV in this one. It has a celestion with a G12H-100 sticker over a K-100 (not GK-100) sticker. Love the small size and full sound. I do wish it had a second jack though.

Restless Rocks said:

Did they do the same with the Mark 4x12 halfbacks? I have one with the plastic cup, but it has 4 mc90's.

I picked up one exactly like that in December. Mine is super clean too. Has A C90 in it. Sounds killer

Latest posts

Back