I bought MARK III head!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenchaos

Reaction score
Hi.
I just found this piece of amp for very good price. payd 850€ for it and its really good price here in finland.
Now im just waiting that i get it to my hands, which will be probably in next week so i think its perfect xmas present for me :lol:
It is green stripe mark with eq, reverb and simul-class. i think?
Heres a picture of it.
mesaz.jpg

Ill put some more pics as it arrives to me.

So what should i expext from it when it arrives. i have listened nearly every clips that i can found from youtube but they are so bad sounding (95% off them) that you cant really tell what to expect.
And do you have any suggested settings for first so i can start playing asap and then start to tweak my own sounds.
I play mainly lamb of godish / meshuggahish "djent" type music but also DT'ish prog rock / heavy.
I mainly us my prestige rg 7 or AV-basses custom multiscale 8 stringer.
RG is equipped with lundgren M7's and 8 should have very similar pickups as lundgrens are but i'll upgrade them to lundgrens too.

Oh and one other question.
I doesn't come with footswitches so how should i wire it if ill do it myself.
I have like 20 3pdt switches cuz i build very much pedals.
Can i use this switches or should i buy SPST's or something else?

Thanx allready for your answers

I believe you should expect something like this:

explodinghead.jpg

Enjoy man. Hope it's got good tubes in it when she arrives. If not there's lots of info here on the forum.

You can download the manual at the website:
http://www.mesaboogie.com/
There are sample settings at the end.
Any latching, push on/push off switch will do for channel changing.
The Reverb/Graphic foot switch, however, is a double switch with a stereo (TRS) cable required.
Good luck! :D

Thanks guys.
So maybe i'll go and buy few spst (on-off) switches for that and dont use those 3dpt's for that.

SonicProvocateur said:
I believe you should expect something like this:

explodinghead.jpg

Enjoy man. Hope it's got good tubes in it when she arrives. If not there's lots of info here on the forum.

LOL :lol: This is completely accurate.

Congratulations on your impending NGD! I just recently got a MIII Green stripe myself.

When you get it make sure you have plenty of free time. When I got mine I was in awe, IMO this is the best amp I have ever heard. I locked myself in the basement. Expecting to play for a little bit and lost track of about 5 hours. When I finally came upstairs a toothache couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Having had a Dual rec I just couldn't bond with. I traded for a kustom double cross. And knew it wasn't what I wanted so I traded for the Mark and believe I have found a definite keeper. Its the first amp I have had in a long time that I just cannot wait to get home and turn on.

Hopefully when you get yours you share my sentiments. MIII's are highly underrated. IMO.

Congratulations! When I got my Mark III last summer, I knew I had found my tone. It's an AMAZING amp. The cleans are sparkling and the leads/ rhythms are so awesome. I just wish the third channel weren't an issue because it sounds awesome, too, but at least it's something that can be fixed.

As a note: After like almost 3 years of owning my amp (previous recto owner) and playing in a prog/ultra metal band, i'm just now beginning to rediscover (remember really) that first and foremost the Mesa Mark III is a rock and roll amp, and that rocking out is what it does best! I am always lost in a world of tone, and will never get rid of this amp.

Plan to add another Mark to the collection!

Thanx guys for your replies.
Today it arrived and i were sold after first note i played through it :D
It's just so cool and tweakable thing.
I was jamming like 2 hours with my custom 8-stringer and goddamn amp plays every note so clearly that i couldn't believe it :shock:
It's also tuned full step down, so my tuning is E-A-D-G-C-F-A-D and no problems at all. So harmonic and clear and still heavy as hell :lol:
Tomorrow we are hitting to rehearsal with whole band so lets see what do we got then :mrgreen:

Oh yes, and this is LOUD ad ****!
With master set to 2 you cant hear even talking without PA-system. One of the loudest amps that i have tried EVER.

Oh, i have previously owned Nomad 55 and formula preamp and i can really say that this one kills those 129379023-0
Those 2 don't have nothing compared to this one.
I have owned just 2 amps that i regret for solding them.
One was marshall JMP super lead 100 from 1969
and other was Egnater TOL 100 head.

But with this i dont feel so bad anymore :lol:

SonicProvocateur said:
Get ready to invoke bandmate jealousy!

Did that :lol:
We were playing and i played a little with GEQ and my 8 stringed guitar, i had SOOOUU huge bottom on my sound that our bass player asked for me that where do i need him anymore :lol:
This is just so cool amp, im really loving it.

Latest posts

Back