Mark 2c+/3 video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bartchamdoh said:
Why has nobody done a mark 2c+/3 vid so we can all hear what the big deal is? C'mon y'all...POST!!

The big deal is more about reponse to pick attack than the tone. You will not be able to "feel" this through any video. The closest in tone that I have owned was a modded green stripe DRG Mark III, and an early Mark IVA. Similar tone, but the dynamics were not as pronounced as the DRG C+. The Mark III Coliseum has awesome dynamics, but loses some of the sweetness of a 75/85 watt DRG models.

bartchamdoh said:
Why has nobody done a mark 2c+/3 vid so we can all hear what the big deal is? C'mon y'all...POST!!

loads on youtube...some great, some good, some ok

It is not wise to make enykind of judgment on the basic of a youtube video, period

If the people that do so only knew have audio works, the would know that the varibles and basicly endless, and the sound that comes out of your computer is pretty much a crap shot.

I have worked with music reproduction , where the ultimat goal is basicly the real thing, you can have 24 bit studio master recordings , the best digital audio players , amps, speakers, room treatment, room correction and so on, and still you only hear a glimps of what the amp really sounds like.

Thats why Its beyond me that people put so much trust in a hyper compressed youtube file recordings, espicialy if you listen through your pc speakers through the pc`s D/A.

^ I agree as far as relying solely on such method to figure out what gear you like. But I can't deny that recordings and youtube vids have helped me out with making smarter buys. Just IMO.

cremona, well put! Also, a great player with fitness can make anything sound fantastic and a less skilled player can make boutique sound like a pocket amp. But then just add some delay, and bam, people think you have magic tone...

However, oh how I wished there were mark II's and III's around here to go and play just to see what everyone is always talking about. Someday...someday...

bartchamdoh said:
Very lame responses and what i expected! everything else gets a vid,check rich b's vids...brill!

Sorry man, I was not trying to give a lame response, but only the most truthful one. I still don't see any Mark IIC+/Mark III comparison videos on youtube. The best representation of the original DRG C+ comes from board member "Shep", if you can get past the mic overloading during the peaks.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sheep740#p/u

The 105 PT along with the EV speaker can get brutal when you snap the strings. I like his videos because they don't have the limp d**k cleans overloaded with effects or super scooped lead channel rhythms. Agian, sorry for the lame response. :wink:

FWIW, I played a David Bray 45/50 Mod 1+ today, another "+" legend in the making. 8)

I like thise clips, infact i think its the best sounding amp i have found on youtube .

I agree with joey, I have the the same amp as in thise vids, and it has the 105 PT , espicialy after i got a new set of mesa 415 str`s the amp is so damm dynamic that the force of the c+ makes whole building move at its powers 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaoazZ_ZtLQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz5S8lhZIzg

bartchamdoh said:
Very lame responses and what i expected! everything else gets a vid,check rich b's vids...brill!
lame responses?well then, this board must be FULL of lame responses!we might as well just delete all of the info collected on this board over the years...lame lame lame
shame on you,the Boogie Board faithful, for even replying!!shame on the lame
-Lesterpaul(lame and proud of it!)
btw, glad you liked the Bray,JB-she lit up Limestone county well into the night

No ****, lame, WTF. so you want a video on youtube to express the feel and sound of an amp. As was stated, it isn't possible. That's like asking someone to post video of 2 sports cars
so you can feel the handling and response from the video so you can determine which is best for you.
The only way is to plug it in and test drive it yourself. If you can't find one then your just **** out of luck.

Sorry bartchamdoh that the Board can't provide you with the infos you would like to have. Or maybe a video. There are several Board Members who provide lot of infos to anyone who like to know some information on those amps. Nobody here is forced to make a video. As lot Board Members already wrote, it's not just the sound that's interesting in an Amp. It's the way it behave while playing through it. Like Dave already said. Watching Vid's of an Car won't say anything about the agility, acceleration. Even the sound is different! And without a good mic you won't even get a satisfied result on what you do.

Best you can do, is to test both Amps by yourself. Play a bit with the pots and maybe find what you're searching for.
Show the Members, who take the time to reply, a bit more respect. And maybe someone will help you out :wink:

The Mesa market is going up. Why not trade some of your in, get a IIC+ and make your own video.

See what all the fuss is about :wink:

Bartchamdoh,
Have you thought about spending more time on your chops, rather busting peoples chops?
Ian
MkIIa
MkIIC+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back