WTB hearing aid after IIc+ test

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieslayer

Reaction score
well i have finally left atlanta after 14 years and returned home to upstate NY... it's been wayyyy too long

anyway.. Ive got my IIc+ set up and have been able to crank it finally like its suppose to be..

these are the settings im currently using ( one of them anyway - i love trying different settings)

345eumd.jpg

holy sheeeesh im deaf ! since i sent the amp back to mike b. to have the geq added on and with mike cleaning it up holy cow that suckers LOUD and sounds KILLER !
i love it ! i got brave and took it to 7 on the master VERY VERY briefly... lol
what a killer amp for a 60w
theres nothing like the rush of pure unadulterated Boogie Madness blowing out your 4x12

Upstate NY?? Where 'bouts? Wanna jam the Boogies? 8)

All the Best,
~Nep~

Best $150 investment in guitar amp history: custom fit earplugs. They're so awesome. Nice, flat frequency response. Crank the amp up so you can feel it, without hurting your hearing.

Ehhh? I can't hear you?

I take it up to 6-9 regularly. It's pure bliss. But I only do so for 15-20 minutes, while standing in another room. Otherwise my skin would be torn off.

Elpelotero said:
Ehhh? I can't hear you?

I take it up to 6-9 regularly. It's pure bliss. But I only do so for 15-20 minutes, while standing in another room. Otherwise my skin would be torn off.
I knew I wasn't the only one to do this! I'll have to show this to the neighbors the next time they come a'knockin.

...not that I can actually hear them knock anymore, even with the amp turned OFF after a few of those sessions. :lol:

I do have to try one of these IIC+'s one of these days, sounds like you guys have a ball with them! Anybody around central FL got one handy? I'll bring the beer 8)

These guys make some great re-usable earplugs that have a great, even-attenuation of frequencies. This means that it's basically like having a volume knob for everything you hear, rather than with foam-earplugs which tend to knock off more high-end than low-end and leave you with a distorted sound image. I use them when I jam with my MKIV or RKII at loud volumes. I can comfortably turn my RKII up to 50% master output (loop disabled) with 4 power tubes and stand right in front of a 3/4 stack and it sounds phenomenal. Check 'em out. They also make custom musician's plugs too, but you need to find an audiologist for that, so they can make your custom molds. The custom ones are a bit pricier as well.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx

Also, these earplugs clean very easily... a small cup of hot water and 5 minutes, and they are good as new.

Sounds like a great time. Boogieslayer, what did you use to create that settings graphic. It looks awesome. I'd love to be able to do that for my MKIV and Simul-Sat.

Mongo1 said:
Sounds like a great time. Boogieslayer, what did you use to create that settings graphic. It looks awesome. I'd love to be able to do that for my MKIV and Simul-Sat.

for the graphic i used this...

http://www.chain-metal.nl/mark3/

( of course i used photoshop to make it IIc+ instead of III on the graphic :) )

Ra Cha Cha is about an hour and a half from me :)

Thanks for the link.

We should have something like this for other amps.
I'd love one for a MKIVa :D

Back