bartchamdoh wrote:Nobody else care what serial numbers/years each stripe came out in seems to me with the exception of early mark 1,s the other marks are pretty well documented.
Actually, the Marks started to be well documented after Mesa moved from Lagunitas to Petaluma.
The Mark II-A series is as much a mess as the Mark I. I have a Mark II from 2/80 with no serial number.
Boogiebabies' proved that last s/n on the IIC+ (except for the odd 15,000) was around 14,400.
In the same way, I want to share the observations I gathered about the last serial numbers on the transition among Boogies chapters:
1) The last Mark I that I have seen are:
- 7/78 with s/n A2213
- 8/78 with s/n A2148
- 8/23/78 with s/n A2179
- 9/78 with s/n A2259
2A) The last Mark II-A that I have seen is:
- 8/14/80 with s/n 5574
- 9/10/80 with s/n 5022
2B) The last Mark II-B (8/80 to 5/83) that I have seen are:
- 5/83 with s/n 10654
- ?/83 with s/n 10881
2C) The last II-C (5/83 to 2/84) that I have seen is:
- 2/84 with s/n 12376
2D) According to Boogiebabies, the last Mark IIC+ (2/84 to 4/85) he saw was s/n 14,36x (and there is an odd s/n 15,000, according to Ian Dickey). The first original Mark IIC+ that I have seen is s/n 12,467 from 3/84.
3) Now, regarding the Mark III:
- black stripe (3/85 to 1/86): 15001 to 16715
- purple stripe (1/86 to 12/86): 16657 to 19059
- red stripe (12/86 to 1/88): 19100 to 21863
- blue stripe ('88 to '89): 21825 to 24933
- green stripe ('89 to '98): 24940 to 28386
Blue Stripes in 60 W or 60/100 W power amps extend into green stripe territory. Amps in head configuration are sometimes out of their own stripe range as well. Anyway, keep those odd s/n and manufacturing date coming.
4) Finally, for the Mark IV:
- version A ('90~'93)
- no A/no B or early B (1/93 to 12/93): s/n 5,9xx to 6,7xx approx.
- version B ('93~'08)