NAD: Mark IIC+ !!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6L6Master

Reaction score
I am a lucky man. Yesterday, I received a Mark IIC+. It was my dad's friend's, and he cannot play guitar anymore due to injuries, so he wanted to give it to someone he knew and would enjoy it. He gave me it for a REALLY good price. Along with it, he's letting me borrow his Simul-Satellite, a 2x12, 1x12, and an Alesis Midiverb 4.

After playing it, all i can say is OMG!! It sounds fantastic. The best part about it is that the lead sounds are so clear, all the notes pop out, it makes leads sound 10x better. Rhythms are awesome too, but honestly the leads are what stood out for me. Its also cool how on one setting, I can get some heavy sounds, and then go straight into classic-rock sounds.

I have been playing it through the speaker on the Simul-Satellite actually because the two other cabinets don't sound that great. And after using the Midiverb for a little bit, I decided that I should just go along and get a G-Major lol.

The G-Major is SICK! I went through all the factory presets and there are some awesome instant sounds available. It sounds great. Plus, I started making a couple of my own presets and its super easy. I already have a couple lead sounds, and clean sounds.

Oh and and the specs are, Original C+ with EQ, and reverb. No simul-class, but it sounds awesome
Good weekend lol

Now for some pics: :D

mnb003.jpg

mnb004.jpg

mnb005.jpg

mnb008.jpg

gts said:
Fwiw it may be a Simul. Pull the chasis and see what's on the Output Transformer. Let us know.
Long heads had a 1/2 Power - Full power switch which in fact was the Class-A/Simul class switch.

Yes you are a lucky man. Congrats & enjoy. And thank your Dad's friend profusely!

Will do. What should I look for?

Another "RCS" sighting !!!!

The quickest way to check for simul-class is to remove the outer two tubes and look in the tube socket hole.
If you see a blue resistor in each hole, it's a simul.

Boogiebabies said:

The quickest way to check for simul-class is to remove the outer two tubes and look in the tube socket hole.

Does that apply to Coliseums as well?

Elpelotero said:
Boogiebabies said:

Coli Simul's were the inner two of the six sockets.

Elpelotero said:
Boogiebabies said:

Looking at the photos of my old MkIII Coliseum, the resistor will be right at the edge of the hole. You may or may not see it. On the 75 watt models with the power amp circuit board, it is in direct veiw. 8)

Back