Duncan Invader with Mark IV?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan_kilco

Reaction score
was sooo close to picking up an Invader yesterday. I still have stock Ibanez pickups in my S470, and have been dying to get my hands on some good pups.

anyone have good/bad experience with Invader in bridge and Mark IV?

suggestions, comments, advice?

Thanks in advance.

Gibson Explorer + Invader + Mark IV = Instant Metallica

It chugs like nothing else, but it's too dark for any other style other than thrash.

It may be more versatile in a alder body guitar.

I had a Dean Dime O Flame for a few months and that had an invader in the bridge. I thought it was good, it is a very trebley pickup so when I shaped my tone I was always using less treble in the EQ. But overall it was a great pickup and it can get some very crushing tone. I played Metallica type music, its very good for a thrashy, crushing style of play. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

i should have added that i play mainly metal. ive never really messed around with pickups before and really want to try something new, but its tough to just go into a store and "try" a bunch of them.

also, how are EMGs with the Mark IV? I played an 89 thru a Dual Recto, and it sounded good but something about it just sorta turned me off.....

Back