Hello from a mark IV newb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geiri

Reaction score
Hi there. I've been offered an even trade for my stiletto trident. It's a MKIV in a flightcase. I will be it's third owner if the deal goes down. And as far as I'm concerned it's done,

My question is, How much would it cost me to fully retube that thing if I by from mesa ?

I saw some tube kits from jj's and they were about 130 us $.

The reason I'm asking is that I was offered something to even out the topend in the stiletto a siemens poweramp tubes.

The price was 250 us $ for the pair :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Since the trident uses three pairs this would have cost me 750 $.

Is this normal ?

Thanks

If you go with 6L6's they are 42$ a pair. So that would be 84$
There are 5 preamp tubes so at 17$ would be 85.

So it would be 169 without shipping.

Congats on the trade.

I like the Stilletto's I have tried, but I much prefer the Mark IV. I can't get enough of that amp!

I bet those Siemens tubes are NOS meaning theyre old tubes that never got used. If you can get them for free GO FOR IT!!!! Otherwise, save some cash and work on your chops. NOS tubes sound better and last longer I suppose but for $250 a pair?! Considering that I am the only person that hears me play I personally wouldnt need otherworldly tone

Thanks guys.

I'm thinking that when I retube I'll go with stock mesa tubes. This thing sounds so good right now with stock tubes that I wouldn't wanna change anything. I just have to find out how old they are.

Back