why would a mkIII pass the effects loop test like a mk IIc+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiemon

Reaction score
What's the serial # on that one?

i've got a no-stripe MIII ser 15434 & it's face plate seems normal for a III: the shift functions are bright, shift & deep; no gain boost i think.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/hjY2mgMCuQMG9HGOWMi_3Q?feat=directlink

druckpig said:
just like the question says.....

why would a no stripe mkIII pass the effects loop test that is used as one of the criteria to identify a mk IIc+
do all mkIII loops do the same thing ?
Ive got another mk III which is a blue stripe but its not to hand right now so i cant make a comparison to see if that does it also

the no stripe amp sounds amazing no complaints about the sound whatsoever...but it does sound quite different to my other mkIII
Im wondering if it is a bit of an oddball amp ,
it says gain boost above master 1 which strikes me as unusual and doesent say mk III on it anywhere

ive checked the circuit board and its a mk III circuit in there , it also has the mk IIc+ mains and output tranny

I love this amp its got really really great tone and feel
the biggest difference between my no stripe and blue stripe is the no stripe is a much more harmonically complex sounding amp ,more musical

whats up with the effects loop thing..... scratching my head here ,enquiring minds need to know....

ok then, a IIC+++

druckpig said:
I think its the wrong circuit for a mkIIc++
Im no expert on these matters but I think for a mkIIc++ it would have the rp-11a circuit board
this has the same circuit as my other mkIII

Just kidding. ...sounds like a transitional model though. How about "Mark II 1/2"?

druckpig said:
Im not sure if your taking the piss now ? it is april 1st after all

how can it be a mk II anything its the wrong serial and a mk III circuit board in there ?

Back