my Mark III rules...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiemon

Reaction score
sorry, no helpful hints in this post, but i just got back from band practice & i gotta rave:

My Mark III is almost 25 years old and i'm amazed at how it sounds. The tone that comes out of this little 60 watt combo is phenomenal. Even my telecaster w/stock pickups sounds like the end of the world when i play through this thing.
In a 4-piece w/a loud drummer & a loud bass i set the master at 2.5 & my Mark is head & shoulders above the mix. i use no effects & the tone is pure, thick & raw. Quite gratifying, i have to admit... :^)

thanks Randall.

My mark III head is pushing 23 years since it left the factory and it's still going strong. I've owned it for less than a year but I can tell that it's going to get a lot of use in future bar catastrophic breakdown (touch wood it doesn't happen).

Mark III with R2 mod = amazing amp. To think that it's over 20 years old is just ridiculous, were they ahead of their time when they came out ?

Same thought here! :D
I've got KT-77's in the outer pair of my Red stripe and it just sounds Freaking amazing.
I may send it to Mike B. for an over haul.
I can see keeping this amp till my dying days and just buying others to see how they stack up against it so fresh caps may not be a bad idea?
Anyone know what a usual MArk III 'tune up" would cost from Mike B.?

I agree with you guys. My Mark III will never leave my side. I get a killer tone that suits me perfectly. I plug my Les Paul straight into the amp and use a G-major in the effects loop for reverb and delays. It sounds so beautiful. For my ears the Mark III is the perfect amp both looking and performing superbly!
DrBazooka

Latest posts

Back