Mark series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieallnight

Reaction score
original owner of a 1984 Mark IIC+ with "RCS" initials on back. Serial # 13725; 15" 100 watt chassis simul-class modification, reverb, export transformer, cream tolex cabinet, anvil case. Very good condition all original. Fat and clean also fat and nasty!!! As a player, to me it is invaluable. Any idea out there as to a fair market value?

i actually remembered to laugh, but then i realized that the joke wasn't funny. i had to stop laughing mid-laugh; it was kind of awkward... also, do you realize that your thread title is the same as the name of the forum it's in? now i have a real reason to laugh, whewww

...anyways i'm not sure how much the 15" "big brothers" are worth in comparison to their 12" brethren. i think a 12" with the same specs and case could fetch around $2000-2500? i'm not sure how the mark V is affecting prices right now. sounds like a sweet c+ :D

ev1ltwin said:
i actually remembered to laugh, but then i realized that the joke wasn't funny. i had to stop laughing mid-laugh; it was kind of awkward... also, do you realize that your thread title is the same as the name of the forum it's in? now i have a real reason to laugh, whewww

...anyways i'm not sure how much the 15" "big brothers" are worth in comparison to their 12" brethren. i think a 12" with the same specs and case could fetch around $2000-2500? i'm not sure how the mark V is affecting prices right now. sounds like a sweet c+ :D

I would say higher because of the X101 tranny, the market is really messed up right now though so you'd have been able to get more last year this time. I've seen some go for pretty cheap recently :(

no I didn't realize that! I have to agree about the 12' being more desireable. Not to mention that he big brother weighs a ton.

I would imagine the market will recover when the economy finally bounces back. The only thing that will really drive the price up more is when Mike B finally retires and/or Mesa stops offering the C+ mod to any original C's. I am not sure how they will deal with repairs of C+s either, that remains to be seen. I would imagine they could still do it but it might cost more. There are only a finite amount ever made so there will always be a market for them.

I have 2 and I'm never letting either of them go for anything, unless they get to 5 digit prices, and even then I'd keep one :p

do they really sound THAT much better, platypus? or is it more of a response thing? i've heard van halen say that in his opinion, the transformer is the most important part of the amp. i just can't understand the IIc+'s going for so much. and my favorite tone ever (master of puppets, and yes i know it's cliche, but it's so awesome hehe) was created by slaving the preamp of the c+ to a marshall power amp. i dunno, just seems a little ridic tbh. i've never played one, so flame away if it must be done :lol:

ev1ltwin said:
do they really sound THAT much better, platypus? or is it more of a response thing? i've heard van halen say that in his opinion, the transformer is the most important part of the amp. i just can't understand the IIc+'s going for so much. and my favorite tone ever (master of puppets, and yes i know it's cliche, but it's so awesome hehe) was created by slaving the preamp of the c+ to a marshall power amp. i dunno, just seems a little ridic tbh. i've never played one, so flame away if it must be done :lol:

I have never played the export transformer X101 in a C+, mine have the 105 simul and 100 60/100 trannies. The X101 transformer is much larger and supposedly has better tone... perhaps one of the X101 owners here can chime in.

As far as the C+ itself going for so much money, transformer independent, I think it's 100% worth it and just has to be played to be fully understood.

Latest posts

Back