Mark III tone hint..

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogiemon

Reaction score
No big deal really, but for those looking to take some edge off the gain channel of the M3, try a set of Tung-Sols in the first three pre-amp sockets: really warms things up w/out losing any gain.

The new ones. They get good reviews if you check around. i like them in my LSC also.

druckpig said:
are you referring to the current generation tungsol or originals ?

arent the current ones ,new sensor=sovtek

I would be interested to know as the new ones are nicely priced if they are any good

They go for 12-15 $ depending. They Cryo ones are a little more, but not much. i haven't tried them, but i have been curious about them. Something about the deep freezing process is supposed to improve the electrical qualities of the metal.

let us know how it goes.

druckpig said:
boogiemon said:
The new ones. They get good reviews if you check around. i like them in my LSC also.

druckpig said:
are you referring to the current generation tungsol or originals ?

arent the current ones ,new sensor=sovtek

I would be interested to know as the new ones are nicely priced if they are any good

cheers for that ~ I will take a look at getting some

can i ask what did you pay for yours approx ?
Ive also seen some that are way more expensive than others although they are still new sensor , something about them being cryogenically treated ?

I use the TungSol 12ax7 Reissues ...I like them, and prefer them over the Mesa ax7s.

FWIW, in addition to the TS ax7s, I use NOS Mullard at7s in a few spots, most notably in the PI, and it sweetens the amp very well, attenuating the highest of highs, smoothing out the whole upper voice. This "Sweetening" comes at the cost of some gain, which for me is a non issue as there is far more gain on tap than I ever use. If you like the difference the TS makes, give the Mullard CV4024s a try ...not nearly as pricey as a NOS Mullard in ax7, and you just may surprise yourself :)

BTW, Mike at kcanostubes is awesome ...he really knows his stuff and stands behind everything he sells. No affiliation ...other than being a really satisfied, repeat customer ;)

Edward

Latest posts

Back