john and Mark IV last night.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richb

Reaction score
Man john was plugged straight through, Mark IV half stack into guitar,NO effects and the tone was amazing all over again and again.makes me miss my IV.
enjoy the pic.
BTW he's getting a new "A" Rig built for himself and it'll be with Mark 5's...
he's doing good and ready for this coming tour!
Richb

Sixstringpsycho said:
Thats awesome, nice looking Mark IV head
yes,it is.he's using all 6L6's in her also.
after the gig,i helped john and rena break down the mesa gear and carried it to there truck.4 guitars 2 half stacks and her effects..(I'm tired) :lol:
Richb

Hey Rich
You forgot to mention that one piece of gear all three of us kept talking about. :lol:

OK I’ll bring it up. Axe FX A little cut and paste from the FA forum.

6L6C said:
I was there last hanging with (“RichB” at the JP forum).
JP and I compared a few quick notes on the Axe Fx bottom line, like me he has not spent any time to speak of with the unit (I got a little more time in with it then him) but first impressions of the unit he really likes it allot and seems really impressed!
I happened to mention like allot of other people, I would pay the money just for the effects alone! And John very quickly agreed.
Figure I would chime in because I was there. So don’t read into anything to deep, he got it and is very impressed with but has not spent allot of time with it. The way he was talking he only got it this past week or maybe just started playing with it this past week I’m not sure.

6L6C said:
Hey Rich
You forgot to mention that one piece of gear all three of us kept talking about. :lol:

OK I’ll bring it up. Axe FX A little cut and paste from the FA forum.

6L6C said:
I was there last hanging with (“RichB” at the JP forum).
JP and I compared a few quick notes on the Axe Fx bottom line, like me he has not spent any time to speak of with the unit (I got a little more time in with it then him) but first impressions of the unit he really likes it allot and seems really impressed!
I happened to mention like allot of other people, I would pay the money just for the effects alone! And John very quickly agreed.
Figure I would chime in because I was there. So don’t read into anything to deep, he got it and is very impressed with but has not spent allot of time with it. The way he was talking he only got it this past week or maybe just started playing with it this past week I’m not sure.

for sure,i didn't want to mention it on here as me being a diehard mesa player along with many others on here.i don't wanna walk down the street looking over my shoulder. :lol:
BTW; 6L6C you didn't think you were gonna get away NOT carrying any gear did you my friend..notice how i handed you the RK II and i took the Mark IV.
yeah well i'm sort of missing my RK II.
hope you had a good time bro.
Rich

hijk185 said:
www.2joygame.com is a game currency and CD key based trade platform. The main products we have are World of War craft gold,World of War craft CDK,Lord of the Rings gold,Age of Conan gold,War hammer Online Gold,Ever Quest II ISK,Dofus Kamas,Metin2 Yang,Final Fantasy XI Gil,Silk Road goldand so on!

www.2joygame.com game trade platform is instant, security, and cheap! Welcome our game player friends and enjoy yourselves here!

what the hell did he say???
must be SPAM!!!
Richb

richb said:
hijk185 said:
www.2joygame.com is a game currency and CD key based trade platform. The main products we have are World of War craft gold,World of War craft CDK,Lord of the Rings gold,Age of Conan gold,War hammer Online Gold,Ever Quest II ISK,Dofus Kamas,Metin2 Yang,Final Fantasy XI Gil,Silk Road goldand so on!

www.2joygame.com game trade platform is instant, security, and cheap! Welcome our game player friends and enjoy yourselves here!

what the hell did he say???
must be SPAM!!!
Richb
Absolutely, MODS...NUKE HIM!!!!!!

Just hit the red ! in the lower right of the offending SPAM posts and the mods will take care of it...

I still wish I could see JP in a small venue. I've not seen him live at all yet! I will see them this year...

I've seen DT 6 times live and they always give an outstanding performance. JP looks so cool even when he plays really difficult passages standing with his left foot on his special foot stand. I would give a lot to see JP in a club as some of you guys can do in New York. The last time I saw DT I traveled from northern Sweden to the Netherlands. It was of course worth it! I really enjoy these posts reading about JP gigging with his wife. Give me more!!!
DrBazooka

MusicManJP6 said:
I still wish I could see JP in a small venue.
DrBazooka said:
I would give a lot to see JP in a club as some of you guys can do in New York.
The small club thing is a unique.
Some people have implied in the past that he relies on his rig (and all of the effects). When I have seen him with his wife (Rena) nothing could be further from the truth (guitar Mark IV DONE!) When you see him in this setting. I really appreciate how great he is. It is all in his fingers! It’s beyond his mechanics (speed and timing) there is expression with every phrase he plays. When they do the Pink Floyd tune John is doing guitar and Keyboard parts no channel switching on the amp (he uses R3) and just rides the volume on the guitar a bit.

6L6C said:
Some people have implied in the past that he relies on his rig (and all of the effects).
haha, that's hilarious. JP's skills should be obvious to anyone that has an ear.

I wear mine just high enough to hide the beer belly.
I used to play an SG, but now I've graduated to a 335!

EVH once said that most of a player's tone is in their fingers and the way that they manipulate the strings. That really becomes apparent when you hear great players plugged into just simple "bare bones" guitar rigs. They have such a control over the instrument... a far fetch from the "Wayne & Garth" type shredders that you hear in the music stores trying to impress with their drop tuned guitars and mondo saturation.

-DLM

Back