Mark IV (lead drive shaft)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6L6C

Reaction score
Hey

I was cleaning my Mark IV and ended up pulling away the knob and shaft of the lead drive knob (which is also push pull)

Upon inspecting the shaft it is not broken and viewing into the amp I can see the that is also intact. If i put the shaft back in its fine feels normal and is active cant use the "pull bright" since the shaft has no type of traction.

I'm writing just to make sure, would I be correct a little glue would solve this problem??

thanks John

6L6C said:
Hey

I was cleaning my Mark IV and ended up pulling away the knob and shaft of the lead drive knob (which is also push pull)

Upon inspecting the shaft it is not broken and viewing into the amp I can see the that is also intact. If i put the shaft back in its fine feels normal and is active cant use the "pull bright" since the shaft has no type of traction.

I'm writing just to make sure, would I be correct a little glue would solve this problem??

thanks John
Hi John, that happend to me too, i broke off the entire knob actually, i called mesa and ordered a replacement part and change the pot myself (opened the head and solder the replacement in place of the old pot.) the glue worked for a little while but eventually you'll have to replace that thing.

Hey willrock

Thanks for the quick reply, guess I'll use a little adhesive glue for now and order the part I dont mind the soldering part its just getting to it might be a bit of a nightmare since it sits on the lower row.

But on the "bright" side (no pun intended) I don't use the pull bright on this channel.

Latest posts

Back