Has anybody ever turned their Mark IV to 10 on th master?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noe5

Reaction score
...either in tweed or full power modes?
I just did, standing right in front of the amp (which is about pickup height as it sits on a 1x12 cab), and it was really underwhelming. I just tried the clean and R2, and it wasn't really loud (without bein plain quiet either). I run the respective channels with about 7 in gain and 5-6 on the masters. I figure there must be somehting wrong here... could it be power tubes?

Run it Full power, simul. Pentode/triode switch set down to position. run the channel masters around 8.5 gains the same, lots of treble. Pull the fat switches on r2 and lead, kick in the EG on set to a 'V' you will be overwhelmed (unless you are already deaf).

Enjoy!!!!

I did on my rooftop one day. 10 on the master, and 8 on the lead control.

My friend who lives about a mile away says he heard me. (Keep in mind I live in the city...)

something is deffinetly wrong, i live in a subdivistion and i had my amp at channel volume 5 and master volume 8 and they called the president of the association on me

you were underwhelmed because you weren't driving a 4x12. The more speakers you have, the more volume. Do that same test with a 4x12 and you won't be able to hear anything ever again! lol

Latest posts

Back