mk III when using the eq the volume drops ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrMarkIII

Reaction score
The human ear is most sensitive to the mid-range.
You are scooping out a big portion of these mids.
To prove this, move that middle slider all the way to the top.
Much louder, ain't it?
QED.

I wouldn't bother as long as they work. if one of your sliders stop shaping your tone, then I would take action.

yea dude...i know exactly what your talking about. far left slider is right at 100% the next one is 85% and my middle one is 0% and my next one is 50% and my last slider is 60%

the more frequencies you boost on the graphic eq the louder its gonna be....if you look at a graph of what the waving frequency you have and just boosted all of them the decibel range would increase. and with your volume loss/gain change your masters accordingly.

The more you suck out of that 750 slider the "quieter" you are going to sound in a band mix, though.

who needs to cut through the mix when you can just be louder though?

haha...but yea i know wut you mean.

druckpig said:
tony777 said:
Are there any volume change if all your sliders are at the middle line?

just tried that, hmmmm....

I positioned the sliders so they were sitting with the middle line running through the middle of the sliders and switched in and out and YES there was a volume drop BUT..... if I position the sliders so the bottom of the sliders sits smack on top of the middle line then there is no difference in volume so.... is that normal ??

It sounds normal to me. Just like MrMarkIII said, the human ear is the most sensitive to mid-range. Keep in mind that there is a difference between "perceived" loudness and actual loudness. Also keep in mind that the EQ sliders are gain controls, not in the traditional sense of a gain control, but they do afffect the overall output gain.

Back