mk III simul class.. 6l6 class a, question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony777

Reaction score
druckpig said:
This is probably a daft question but .....Im not sure how it works so I need to ask..

If im running 4 x 6l6 in my simul class mark III can I still use the class a switch or is something going to fry because there will be 6l6 In the outer sockets instead of el34 ?
It works great. The tubes in class A runs anyway, so if they are not fried yet, they won't fry either.

Is it safe to run the amp in class A mode with two 6L6GCs in the outer sockets but with no tubes in the inner sockets?

robredo_mattila said:
Is it safe to run the amp in class A mode with two 6L6GCs in the outer sockets but with no tubes in the inner sockets?
"Hum" increases because of the imbalance.
The manual speaks of this.
Why would one do this unless it was an emergency?
Technically, it's "safe" to remove several lug nuts on each wheel and go drive on the freeway, but why?
I guess it's cheaper than bungie-jumping... :lol:

MrMarkIII said:
robredo_mattila said:
"Hum" increases because of the imbalance.
The manual speaks of this.
Technically, it's "safe" to remove several lug nuts on each wheel and go drive on the freeway, but why?
I guess it's cheaper than bungie-jumping... :lol:

The manual says that the amp was designed to work this way...

I haven't noticed any extra hum from the amp. The 6L6GCs in class A make the clean channel sound huge and chimey however the lead channel is a lot more unforgiving than before.

MrMarkIII said:
I agree to MrMarkIII.
There's no use of this unless there is an emergency. In class A the inner tubes are quiet anyway. They glow, but that's only the heater.

Back