just put this on layaway....mark III!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainly

Reaction score

this is a mark III minus the boogie logo(easy to replace) blue stripe i think, serial # 24.... i saw it at avenue guitars in edmonton, and had to have it since ive never had a mark III. presently own a MK IV which i really like, but everybody claims something special about the mark III.

now they want $1999 for it.(CAN$) which is about 1550 $US. and no shipping since its in my town...

i was wondering is that high for this particular mark III? its about an 8.5 -9 /10. and i tested it briefly and all the pots work perfect. although i was only able to turn it up to about 1/50th the max volume in the store.

I'm not sure what the supply/demand is for the MkIII in Canada, but even in US currency $1500 is a bit high for that hardwood combo. If the supply is that low in Canada, they might have you "over a barrel", though. :shock:

yeah i was thinkning it might have been because of the hardwood /wicker cabinet...

it seems a bit high. although they did take 800 dollars in trades as the down payment.

1500 USD seems not too out of line for a hardwood. The cab, if it's not all banged up, is worth as much as the amp itself. The wood looks like Imbuya, a tropical hardwood. As far as I know, Imbuya is no longer available anywhere, not from Mesa, not from anybody, period. You could easily sell the cab by itself for $400 USD. Is it for sale?

MrMarkIII said:
1500 USD seems not too out of line for a hardwood. The cab, if it's not all banged up, is worth as much as the amp itself. The wood looks like Imbuya, a tropical hardwood. As far as I know, Imbuya is no longer available anywhere, not from Mesa, not from anybody, period. You could easily sell the cab by itself for $400 USD. Is it for sale?

yeah i think it is imbuya. its in decent shape , maybe a few very minor dings , but i didnt notice any. ill take some more detailed pics when i get the amp home. but i wont likely be separating it from its cab.

thanks for the input...

Latest posts

Back