Soon to be back in the fold

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgcable

Reaction score
Hello everybody, its been a while, I have had my share of Mark Series amps, actually a ton of Boogies's through the years. Studio 22's, nomads, Rectifiers, Stilettos etc.. My last Mark III was a purple stripe shorthead with no reverb or EQ.
It was a fantastic amp. I ended up selling it and going to the modeling side with the Line 6 Vetta II because at the time I needed more versatility. I was happy with that head for a few years and decided to go back to tubes. I started with a Soldano SLO100 but I sold it because the loop isn't very friendly, I then went through a rack mount phase, a ton of Marshalls including the Plexi, JCM800, DSL100, TSL100 and a nicely modded JCM900 MKII 50W head with dual reverb (that killed!!) and after that I went to a Carvin Legacy head that again.. I was very happy with. BTW.. the Carvin Legacy is a great amp. Smooth, tons of gain and dead quiet. It truly is a no frills amp. I have been a tweaker by nature and have always had a fondness for the Mark III so when I had the opportunity to score one I jumped on it. Its not cheap but green stripe heads aren't as common as the other versions.
Anyway.. I just worked out a trade + cash deal and I will be getting a Mark III Green stripe shorthead with simulclass, EQ and reverb. I will be playing it through an old school Marshall 1960B loaded with T75's. For effects.. I don't use much, just a delay and chorus in the loop, and a wah out in front. I will also throw my Lil Alligator volume pedal in the loop for solo and lead fill boost. I am pretty stoked about it!

jgcable said:
Hello everybody, its been a while, I have had my share of Mark Series amps, actually a ton of Boogies's through the years. Studio 22's, nomads, Rectifiers, Stilettos etc.. My last Mark III was a purple stripe shorthead with no reverb or EQ.
It was a fantastic amp. I ended up selling it and going to the modeling side with the Line 6 Vetta II because at the time I needed more versatility. I was happy with that head for a few years and decided to go back to tubes. I started with a Soldano SLO100 but I sold it because the loop isn't very friendly, I then went through a rack mount phase, a ton of Marshalls including the Plexi, JCM800, DSL100, TSL100 and a nicely modded JCM900 MKII 50W head with dual reverb (that killed!!) and after that I went to a Carvin Legacy head that again.. I was very happy with. BTW.. the Carvin Legacy is a great amp. Smooth, tons of gain and dead quiet. It truly is a no frills amp. I have been a tweaker by nature and have always had a fondness for the Mark III so when I had the opportunity to score one I jumped on it. Its not cheap but green stripe heads aren't as common as the other versions.
Anyway.. I just worked out a trade + cash deal and I will be getting a Mark III Green stripe shorthead with simulclass, EQ and reverb. I will be playing it through an old school Marshall 1960B loaded with T75's. For effects.. I don't use much, just a delay and chorus in the loop, and a wah out in front. I will also throw my Lil Alligator volume pedal in the loop for solo and lead fill boost. I am pretty stoked about it!

Welcome back to tone heaven!!!!!!!!!

Back